Please CIR, push for a solid FACTION MEMBER CONTROL

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Server Admins are never supposed to be part of faction business.
    If one is to get robbed, it's his own fault.
    Well, You clearly don't play on the same server I do. Where I play logic is strong with the admins and they think leaving with all your shit is not the best thing to allow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, You clearly don't play on the same server I do. Where I play logic is strong with the admins and they think leaving with all your shit is not the best thing to allow.
    As an admin, I have yet to encounter a player who was able to proof to me that his stuff was stolen. I think it's too much of a hassle for admins to have to become detectives for a server to function normally.

By the way, I thought of a faster solution to this problem: Just make another faction permission module that works like the permission blocks, that way you could limit certain doors to certain ranks, or certain containers, or whatever. But this idea is so simple I can't imagine the dev team hasn't though about this before.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What server, then ?
    Genxnova
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443948495,1443947511][/DOUBLEPOST]
    As an admin, I have yet to encounter a player who was able to proof to me that his stuff was stolen. I think it's too much of a hassle for admins to have to become detectives for a server to function normally.

By the way, I thought of a faster solution to this problem: Just make another faction permission module that works like the permission blocks, that way you could limit certain doors to certain ranks, or certain containers, or whatever. But this idea is so simple I can't imagine the dev team hasn't though about this before.

Proof? Well here's "proof" Player joins.. overnight base is gone and player leaves faction... Logic would dictate that they basically took off with all our shit...

The thing you gotta remember is its not enforcing the rule that is the problem you can say anything is a rule players must come to the admins and SAY they broke the rule in order for the process to begin

What failed many other servers in their rule department is basicly they said "if we can't enforce it It isn't a rule" so this leads to not having rules in the first place to deter faction griefing...

Just by having the rule in place it inspires players to report those events and potentially stops any would be faction griefers from doing such things.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Proof? Well here's "proof" Player joins.. overnight base is gone and player leaves faction... Logic would dictate that they basically took off with all our shit...

The thing you gotta remember is its not enforcing the rule that is the problem you can say anything is a rule players must come to the admins and SAY they broke the rule in order for the process to begin

What failed many other servers in their rule department is basicly they said "if we can't enforce it It isn't a rule" so this leads to not having rules in the first place to deter faction griefing...

Just by having the rule in place it inspires players to report those events and potentially stops any would be faction griefers from doing such things.
    Again, the tools to avoid a player stealing and dismantling all faction's resources are there to be used on the game.
    If a recruit does that, it's your own fault.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Again, the tools to avoid a player stealing and dismantling all faction's resources are there to be used on the game.
    If a recruit does that, it's your own fault.
    I agree.
    Simply pointing out admins do have a role in griefing prevention.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm well the idea of a new block or adding onto the existing faction block with a new menu for setting up who can edit what and where would come in handy. Say by default outside of build mode it just displays a list of players or ranks and clicking on them gives some basic options letting someone set what a person or group can do. While hitting R on it in build mode lets you map out areas a group or person can edit or mess with. Might be a handy idea. :)