Bug Players in build block on faction ship not allowed to build

Reaction score
    I am the faction founder.
    My friend built a ship with a faction block and docked it to the starting station.
    I set the faction signature and he placed a build block on the ship.

I made him also a faction founder.

I jump into the build block and cannot build on his ship.

Tried setting the permissions on the faction block (no change).
    Tried taking ownership from faction block (no change).
    Tried adding a faction permission block somewhere on the ship (no change).
    Tried building from the core (no change).

As a faction founder/server admin I should at least be able to edit ships...

Reaction score
    • Tester
    its possible that the stations permission overwrite the ships permissions i guess ?
    the faction permission block would have to be placed next to the build block. was that the case ?

there are still a few problems showing up from time to time with permissions. will test after work.

Reaction score
    It was being docked to the station that caused it. Undocking fixed this. I think I still consider it buggy if the faction block permissions are set to allow building.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Checked this again .. couldnt find a problem ... except maybe a missunderstanding

if you do set the permission on a station all docked entities are forced to the stations setting .. thats a more or less needed requirement to remove permission loop holes.
    either dock to the station afterwards ..
    make sure no body ever changes the permission settings without knowing what he is doing
    change the faction settings on a factioned entity back to its original settings after changing station permissions.