Bug "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA" Not working! :(

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hiya, after the new update (today) I have since tried to increase the Max build distance in Build-Mode I went to the Server.cfg as usual and set it to 800. It has since not changed from 10. Help? ;-;

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I believe you have to change the config settings in-game now?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Works flaw less!
    this value in server.cfg.
    "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA = 20 //max area a player may add/remove in adv. build mode"

you have to change it while the server isnt running.
    800 is an insane value for it however. Maybe it is limited, in that case i do not know about it.

Reaction score
    You're trying this on your local instance, right? If you play online, only the value in the (remote) server's config counts, no matter what you set it to locally.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm on Mac...

I have just seen on mac there is the Java Starmade and then the new Starmade update. I just saw that all my blu-prints were gone in the new star made launch. So when I click "play" from steam I select the option of "Java (old)" and it boots into Starmade where my Max_Player_Build is 800 and all my blu-prints are loaded and installed.

To get to the new star made directory, you need to go to /Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Starmade/starmade-launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Starmade

When you get to the Starmade-launcher.app you need to Right-Click and show package contents to go to the next file... Or just in Finder find "GO" and then input the directory.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    if you changed to the new launcher and havnt set the ingame game path to your old installation that might be the reason here.
    (changing a setting in the old install and then starting a new one wont have any effect obviously)

make sure the path here is correct for the game version you want to use.

Screenshot_12.jpg