Player Movement Acceleration (and camera position)

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Player movement as of right now is very jumpy. You press WASD and your player zaps off in whatever direction at maximum speed.

I propose that player movement work like ship movement, but with a higher deceleration rate. This would provide a more natural feel to walking and/or running (hopefully in the future?) around.

Just a simple suggestion.

Oh, that, and the position of the player's camera is at the upper chest of the character rather than the head. That's weird, yo.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    player movement appears to be buggy lately, it is obnoxously fast for some people. It should be so slow that using a ship core makes more sense.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    player movement appears to be buggy lately, it is obnoxously fast for some people. It should be so slow that using a ship core makes more sense.
    Yeah, but player movement should only be slow in space. When in a field of gravity such as that of a ship or on a planet, the acceleration thing would be really neat and running should be allowed.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    You haven't seen nothing yet. Try using cheat engine to up your speed.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here's what I'd like to see:
    - In space, fast acceleration up to 1/10 of the max speed of ships on the server (for 300 max speed, 30 max player speed). Add pitch and roll. Yaw, pitch and roll would lag slightly behind head movement, moving at a certain max rotational speed.
    - In gravity, walk/run with running being slightly faster than space flight.
    - When aligned to a ship but not in gravity, walk as if clipped on by magnetic boots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know what the cheat might be food. did you feed you person bake beans, he might of been going faster because of the extra thrust( farting)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think the player camera is messed up due to the old player model, which had nightmarish proportions.