• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can't say it it enough, planets are WAY too small, and any decent sized exploration ship can't even fit. My favorite thing about space engineers was the huge planets that you could spend hours just exploring the surface. With the recent chunk update, it would be awesome if planets got overhauled. Also it would be great if the gravitational pull on planets was greater and farther reaching so the stop effect would actually have a purpose. Until they are updated exploring simply isn't worth it as planet bases are impractical and they don't have much in the way of resources.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is a config option to make planets as big as you like. I'm not responsible for melta blasts firing out the back of your computer though if you try making them as big as SE.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Planet-update, flora and fauna are all in the works, rest assured. :)

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    I'm not especially bothered by the size of planets really, though they could stand to be bigger I guess. The actual problem is the lack of stuff on a planet when you get there. More cities, ruins, reasons to explore and things to find please.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the dev team recently (and repeatedly) acknowledged (curses! I couldn't find the source of this information) the need to optimize planets, that there was lots of room for optimization, and that planets could be made bigger by default, but that is still a future plan, with other things coming before it. We got a member on the dev team who has experience in voxel planets, and everybody got excited about the video presentation of a more round planet that looked fun to explore.

With all that said, I agree, but I think it (planet optimization and size improvements) will come much later. (So much to do in the meantime!)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    (So much to do in the meantime!)
    That's right man. So while we are all sitting on our thumbs lets get building...buildings. Whats that? Buildings? With monorails? Madness!

I mean it, some folks are making kick-ass city-scapes and hi-rises. These are easily templated for 'populating' empty planets now and later when planets are more impressive. Pitter-patter, let's get at 'er.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jayman38