Planetary Structure

Are you approve the idea?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It would be great, if it will be able in server.cfg, to set the structure of a planet.
    Also i do not mean the size...
    planetary_structure: square //Its able to choose: flat, round, dice, square (3-32

So far i can find out, it will be possible to create much bigger planets with a better performance.
    And all the general players will have a better feeling, seeing a planet that looks like a Minecraft-Planet. :)
    (I have read a other suggestion, where it will be supported to chance the size of the planet-core, what will be helpful too.)

Sry for grammatical errors...
    Greetings from Germany,
    Toderon (Alias Lennart)

Attachments

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Planets are a big issue; I don't think anybody knows what Schine plans on doing or how to actually go about improving them.

Let's just say I'm all for any suggestions, even square planets would be great, if they could be larger in size. Finding a way to overcome performance issues so as to allow HUGE size planets would be a phenomenal boon for this game.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Cube planets have edges that are too sharp. Round planets don't work. If you want a flat planet, you can spawn one in with admin commands. Or, you know, just blow up a planet and use a single plate that flew off.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I maintain that "too sharp" is merely a failure for some people's personal standard and that is no good reason to shy away from a potential solution.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    But then (maybe) it can be also be, to choose a square with x=edges... so to have structures like a 3-dimensional STOP-Sign...
    Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I maintain that "too sharp" is merely a failure for some people's personal standard and that is no good reason to shy away from a potential solution.
    I'm sorry, but "too sharp" is hardly something you can argue against when moving from one plate to another requires a 90* drop.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So like a single block thats too sharp at his edges for you? ...
    Use wedges to round something like a planet.

//EDIT

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm not here to debate this, there are other threads in which that can be done. Do not discount a potential and viable solution.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm not here to debate this, there are other threads in which that can be done. Do not discount a potential and viable solution.
    This is literally a thread for debating potential planet shapes, though. What would POSSIBLY be a better thread to discuss this on? If you can't accept that people might disagree with a suggestion, stay out of the suggestion forums.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Jesus, slow your roll, m8. Not everybody wants to have a debate during every minute of every day on every thread. Also, I'm certain that I have stated my opinion on the matter before. Chill.

Tl;dr, if you don't want cube planets because the edges would be a little weird, that's not a valid enough reason to discount a potentially doable solution to a serious problem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So the suggestion were, to let the owner of an server select the structure of the planets of his universe...
    So is it acceptable for you Lecic ? I hoped you have read the entire suggestion include to configurate it out and not only to set all planets as dice.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So the suggestion were, to let the owner of an server select the structure of the planets of his universe...
    So is it acceptable for you Lecic ? I hoped you have read the entire suggestion include to configurate it out and not only to set all planets as dice.
    It's not that I don't think it's a bad idea to let server owners customize things. It's that I don't think it's worth Schema, Mic, or Briefcase's time to code in these new planet types at this stage of development. I think it would be better suited as a modded in feature than in vanilla.

If you really want a cube planet, you could accomplish it with rails and logic.