Bug Planet bug (segment problem)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm not sure how this happened, why and if it is reproducible but here is a pic:

Me and Fellow_Starmadian were doing some logic stuff on a planet and now I can't build there anymore Luckily we've got backups except for my roller coaster :(
    Almost everything was docked to the segment and it appears the segment sunk by exactly the height of 1 segment.

Reaction score
    This seems to be a case of segment inversion, a bug that makes planet swallow whatever's on the plate. It usually causes a lot of lag because whatever build was on the plate starts to collide with the core of the planet and with the plates next to the affected plate. How's your FPS and Ping while near that planet?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This seems to be a case of segment inversion, a bug that makes planet swallow whatever's on the plate. It usually causes a lot of lag because whatever build was on the plate starts to collide with the core of the planet and with the plates next to the affected plate. How's your FPS and Ping while near that planet?
    totally normal (as far as you consider "normal" near a planet)

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I've had segments disappear, usually if I relog its fixed.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I disagree ... this isnt normal ... it might be a server load glitch. where the entity plate isnt placed on the core properly. (and therefore hardware,lag something like that related)

we had that before, where it was a real problem and not fixable by client cache deleteion or server reboot ... that one was fixed afaik

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yea Luckily this wasn't important at all (except my roller coaster!)

I can see this being a big problem on other servers. I might have something to do with docking objects to the planet (both normal and using the pickup points and shootout rails) There was nothing else special about that planet segment.

Reaction score
    Yea Luckily this wasn't important at all (except my roller coaster!)

I can see this being a big problem on other servers. I might have something to do with docking objects to the planet (both normal and using the pickup points and shootout rails) There was nothing else special about that planet segment.
    This is exactly one of the reasons many servers discourage players from settling on planets. For many MP servers, settling on Stations is the preferred way, because it avoids planet-related problems and usually offers players better FPS and ping due to not being on an entity that the game has to load for very long.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    hè that's strange..... everything repaired itself (except the undocked entities which are now stuck within the core) after a couple times of re-logging.