Planned placing turrets from build mode from the blueprints

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I spawned 20 pins for my punchcard-reader and everyone was 50m away from the other (just core and docker … 50m???)
    Even worse, it wasn't an area or volume but a straight line!!!

So I could only fetch 3 per minute which would take 1 hour for a 8x8 punchcard reader it's a 256 bit/sec channel into the meta-data of activation-block's connection-links!
    Even worse, the bug where you dock, exit and spawn 2500 m away from your ship is still around. Intouch-able blocks in front of you without the rest of your ship because I was crossing sector borders while chasing the pins!​

With a 8x8 punch-card reader, I could finally store a whole dictionary and create a chat-bot reacting on player-moves …

but instead I resigned (for now) due to an overwhelming number of 3 time consuming … annoyances. For me they together broke the game!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, the turrets always spawn outside of any bounding boxes to galactic north of where you are.

Which means if you're trying to put them on the back of a ship that is next to a station, you could actually have the turret spawn not just at the other end of your ship, but at the far end of your station.

The bigger your ship, the bigger the bounding box, the farther away from where you need it.

If you're changing turrets on an existing ship, you could spawn them all at once and then move the ship under them, but at least when I'm building a ship I add turrets as I go so that I can build around them, and that usually means the ship is incapable of movement at that time.

Its just a HUGE pain in the ass to add lots of turrets (like PDTs where even a 150m ship can have a dozen of them, not counting the offensive turrets) because it can take over an hour of just going back and forth to grab said turrets and guide them back in place (and don't forget adding the power/thrusters to the turrets so that you can move them, and then taking it back off when you get them there).

Reaction score
    Yeah. Turret-building sucks. It's just an unpleasant grind. Especially when you have over 40 PDTs and 8 other turrets on a vessel that's 250m long. Only thing that makes it easier is to have admin commands, and the ability to Tab-F8 into the next turret.

Reaction score
    Well, so far as spawning the turrets go, I like to admin cheat that too.

Use mob spawning, all 150 PD turrets in about 20 seconds.
    and in a loose ball around your ship, instead of in a line away from it.

Still gotta TAB+F8 a whole damn lot, but the travel time per turret is massively shortened.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Often wanted, STILL wanted. We need this! Some things like internal rail doors can currently only be set at buildtime, but not switched out / corrected later.

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    New Often wanted, STILL wanted. We need this! Some things like internal rail doors can currently only be set at buildtime, but not switched out / corrected later.
    Not easily - you could enter the core and build from there or per hand. You could even add a build-block to not accidentally undock it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I generally spawn a chunk of turrets on a stick, so I can fly multiple ones to their final dock point. Once undocked and placed, simply delete the stick! Works better than spawning the same one multiple times, and if I need to spawn multiple sticks of turrets, I can fly them much closer to their final destinations (one stick of turrets on one side, one on the other, etc)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hai,
    Congrats! This suggestion has been recognised by the council and the devs, it has been added to the phabricator workflow. You can check out all the accepted suggestions that have been added to the planned list over here Group Council · Workboard
    (you have to scroll all the way to the right to see them)

I hope many more fine suggestions will come from you.

For reference:
    ⚓ T1821 Placing Blueprints onto docks through Build Mode

Feel free to signup and subscribe to the task to get e-mail notifications once it hits release/dev-builds.

- Andy

Reactions: Lukwan