Placing blocks in collision detection areas?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Does anyone have any tricks for placing blocks around a docked entity where a collision is detected even though the space is actually open?

Sometimes I can win out by placing more blocks adjacent to the conflicted space and then trying again, but I've run into a few places where it stubbornly refuses to accept a block.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It usually works if you build it all on a docked entity and then slide the entity over into the space it should occupy. As it forces it to check all the collisions more thoroughly than when docking or building adjacent to other entities.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Does anyone have any tricks for placing blocks around a docked entity where a collision is detected even though the space is actually open?

Sometimes I can win out by placing more blocks adjacent to the conflicted space and then trying again, but I've run into a few places where it stubbornly refuses to accept a block.
    I do it by turning my ship, then entering build mode while it's spinning.

Pretty sure it's caused by rounding errors in block/entity position or something.

Reaction score

I usually just un-dock the entity causing the problem and move it out of the way, place the blocks I want to place then re-dock the entity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the replies - rotating the ship definitely helps.