Pixel format not accelrated

Reaction score
    I get the Pixel Format Not accelerated and I know it is my drivers but don't know how to fix it even I after updated them. Please help and thank you

Attachments

Reactions: Mr. Grimm
    Reaction score
    Looks like you are running on Intel integrated graphics. From what I could find if the version is before v2000 it most likely doesn't support opengl. v2000 and beyond might support it with the newest drivers.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm seems to provide a good data on such matters. (thanks Diego_Intel for the original post I found the link in.)

Sorry but I can't figure out how to find your Intel HD graphics version from that file.

Do you have any other graphics GPUs in that thing? If so try to force the game to use the good one (whatever that means).

Edit:
    Further digging says your computer has (intel HD Graphics 4000 Integrated Graphics). so should have opengl.

Their are issue with certain games and integrated graphics. Especially the Intel HD line.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the graphics drive version is 9.17.10.4229.
    If it is a Intel HD 4000 graphics drive I don't think it is updated to the newest version. My computer has a Intel hd 4000 graphics drive (with 3rd generation i5 core) and it's version is 10.18.10.4226.
    Is your graphics drive the generic or the computer manufacture version?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443351595,1443351425][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the graphics drive version is 9.17.10.4229.
    If it is a Intel HD 4000 graphics drive I don't think it is updated to the newest version. My computer has a Intel hd 4000 graphics drive (with 3rd generation i5 core) and it's version is 10.18.10.4226.

Reaction score
    I think the graphics drive version is 9.17.10.4229.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443351595,1443351425][/DOUBLEPOST]I think the graphics drive version is 9.17.10.4229.
    Looks like you are running on Intel integrated graphics. From what I could find if the version is before v2000 it most likely doesn't support opengl. v2000 and beyond might support it with the newest drivers.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm seems to provide a good data on such matters. (thanks Diego_Intel for the original post I found the link in.)

Sorry but I can't figure out how to find your Intel HD graphics version from that file.

Do you have any other graphics GPUs in that thing? If so try to force the game to use the good one (whatever that means).

Edit:
    Further digging says your computer has (intel HD Graphics 4000 Integrated Graphics). so should have opengl.

Their are issue with certain games and integrated graphics. Especially the Intel HD line.
    When I try to update my drivers using this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...hics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT- it says computer doesn't meet minimum requirements, (thank you people for responding
    )
    These links may help you https://gyazo.com/5eb6e97df5e28fcf3ffb45cbe29d6f31 https://gyazo.com/3dc2a9ba1b7cbafb082d80d68085d9ee

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    still looking around. Would really help if I new the exact model of your GPU. I am having trouble locating it. Knowing that it is Intel HD graphics is useful. Knowing which one would really be nice though.

The error you are getting is usually associated with a GPU not having OpenGL support. Possibly of the level of OpenGL required by the program.

Edit:
    Found this:
    http://ark.intel.com/products/53483/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G630-3M-Cache-2_70-GHz?wapkw=g630
    still trying to figure out the motherboard.

Code:
    Determining Graphics API Information
    In order to determine which API version your system is currently supporting, please follow the steps below.

For 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Iris™ or HD Graphics and newer graphics products:

Open your Intel® Graphics Control Panel. (shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+F12)
    Navigate to Options > Information Center.
    Observe the values listed for: Installed DirectX* Version, Supported DirectX* Version, OpenGL* Version, OpenCL* Version, and Shader Version.
    is that of any use. Mainly need to know the openGLversion. The sites i have looked at say the 1st generation Intel HD Graphics only supported OpenGL 2.1.

There is also a tool somewhere here that will let you see if your system is compatible. it might help.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    still looking around. Would really help if I new the exact model of your GPU. I am having trouble locating it. Knowing that it is Intel HD graphics is useful. Knowing which one would really be nice though.

The error you are getting is usually associated with a GPU not having OpenGL support. Possibly of the level of OpenGL required by the program.
    anything I can do to help https://gyazo.com/68a8105d699fd62017531634b0143dd9 oh this didn't start before I updated to Windows 10

Reaction score
    http://starmade.freshdesk.com/
    help.star-made.org
    the link changes. They are both the same site though. There is a option there to open a new ticket. Get logged in there and try that out. I will keep looking. For a few more minutes.

I am seriously thinking that your computer doesn't support openGL There are two major thingymajigs for turning all the fancy code into graphics and such. One is DirectX, which works well enough. Though it is extremely OS dependant. Like windows only extreme. OpenGL isn't the best and from I have heard needs some major revising. It still works with pretty much everything under the sun though.

Starmade uses OpenGL. There is no directX option that I know of for this one. The error you were getting is one given a lot when OpenGL isn't hardware supported by the system.

I am still not sure though on this one. If you have a slim case it may be hard to upgrade your power supply and put a graphics card in there. Though it could be doable. I haven't really dealt with slim cases much. I wouldn't try doing that if I didn't know what I was doing. Get someone you know is good with computers to take a look at this if you know anyone.

Edit:
    Is there any chance this is what your computer looks like?
    http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-SX2865-UR348-Desktop-Pentium-Processor/dp/B00CHYKVR4

Reaction score
    http://starmade.freshdesk.com/
    help.star-made.org
    the link changes. They are both the same site though. There is a option there to open a new ticket. Get logged in there and try that out. I will keep looking. For a few more minutes.

I am seriously thinking that your computer doesn't support openGL There are two major thingymajigs for turning all the fancy code into graphics and such. One is DirectX, which works well enough. Though it is extremely OS dependant. Like windows only extreme. OpenGL isn't the best and from I have heard needs some major revising. It still works with pretty much everything under the sun though.

Starmade uses OpenGL. There is no directX option that I know of for this one. The error you were getting is one given a lot when OpenGL isn't hardware supported by the system.

I am still not sure though on this one. If you have a slim case it may be hard to upgrade your power supply and put a graphics card in there. Though it could be doable. I haven't really dealt with slim cases much. I wouldn't try doing that if I didn't know what I was doing. Get someone you know is good with computers to take a look at this if you know anyone.

Edit:
    Is there any chance this is what your computer looks like?
    http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-SX2865-UR348-Desktop-Pentium-Processor/dp/B00CHYKVR4
    my computer does look like that, and opengl worked before i updated to windows 10 and sorry for not responding

Reaction score
    my computer does look like that, and opengl worked before i updated to windows 10 and sorry for not responding
    Oh, OK. That changes everything. Really open up that support ticket. This is beyond me. You need some experts on this one. Make sure to reference this thread in the ticket. So that they can try and get a better picture of the situation from it.

Only thing I really know it how to use google and how to break computers. The only possibility I could find is that the driver you are using (and that windows probably auto installed) doesn't support openGL.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get it fixed.

Reaction score
    Oh, OK. That changes everything. Really open up that support ticket. This is beyond me. You need some experts on this one.

Only thing I really know it how to use google and how to break computers. The only possibility I could find is that the driver you are using (and that windows probably auto installed) doesn't support openGL.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get it fixed.
    ok i will

Reactions: Mr. Grimm
    Reaction score
    ok i will
    Cool.

Oh and I am a fairly weak minded approval seeking sort. So if you see those icons right below the "reply" link on your post. They will mark any post they are used on. Only one per post though. If you really see a post worthy of a mark though please give it one. Even if it isn't my post :)

Reactions: peoplekind
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can update the latest generic version of the graphics drive.
    1. download the latest generic version in zip or exe.
    2. turn Wi-Fi off( (not important)
    3 go into device manager, click display adapter
    4. right click Intel (R) HD graphics 4000
    5. click uninstall, then ok.
    6. restart
    7. Log in, when you login the desktop will likely be different
    8. find the file that contains the generic version.
    9. find setup and click it and it should work
    note I did this using windows 7.

Reaction score
    I fixed the "Pixel Format not Accelerated" Issue on Windows 10 Pro x64. Seems Minecraft had the same issue on Windows 10, and Mojang apparently figured out how to fix it by downloading and running Java 1.8.0_25 in a new "Runtime" folder solely for Minecraft.

The fix is to go to Java Archive Downloads on Oracle's Website and download JDK 1.8.0_25. Im using the x64 version of JDK and it works. Make sure to uninstall any other versions of Java (JDK or JRE) before installing JDK 1.8.0_25.

*Link to Oracle's Java Archive with Java 1.8.0_25: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...archive-javase8-2177648.html#jdk-8u25-oth-JPR

(Posted this Fix post on two threads about the same problem just incase it is missed by others. Hope that's not a problem!)

Last edited: