PIRATES

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i dont mean to rage but..... PIRATES ARE FUCKING OVERPOWERED AND THEY ALWAYS ATTACK ME AND MY STATION SO WHENEVER I LOGIN ALL THE FUCKING BLOCKS ARE GONE AND MY PLACE IS WRECKED SHELIDS DO JACK SHIT AGAINST THEM AND THEY PIS ME OFFFFFFFFFF ..... sorry for the rage but they do annoy the fuck out of me

Sorry.

Reaction score
    /despawn_all MOB all true

type that and it will despawn all pirates in the game

every time you see a pirate type it and they\'ll be gone

poof

no more pirate

Reaction score
    ever heard of turrets? They are snipers with a shotgun basicly(at least last time I used them, they were)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    >Immediately Rages

At least tell me this is actually the rage post it is instead of lying.

Uncheck all catalog items from being usable by enemies. Pirates have nothing to use, so they don\'t spawn. Re-enable them later when you think you are ready to fight them.

Also, for the record, my friends and I have taken out pirate ships in a tiny little fighter we built at the start of the game from the contents of 3 players starting inventories and some shields from the shop. Learn to play the game better.

Reaction score
    Oh for gods sake...

I\'m sorry but people need to learn how to play a game before playing it. Not doing so, and then posta profanity-filled rant makes you look like a petulent child.

Reaction score
    Pirates are actually very weak, if you can afford a station, you can pretty much afford a ship to kill them all with little to no risk of getting a scratch.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a single turret that isn\'t very big and takes on a whole group of Isanths without losing 20% shields... They aren\'t that hard to defeat. I can take one on in a fighter with a mass of ~16 and win. Learn to play the game.

Reaction score
    Punches OP repeatedly in the face.

You fool, just make turrets and have more than 40K shields and you will be fine.

Punches again.

Or just use commands, i dont care.

Punches again.

Learn to play.

Reaction score
    I am so with you here! All these people with their useless, \"You just suck at this game!\" obviously knew everything about playing before they ever met a pirate. I wish I had that ability: to know what you don\'t know before you need to know it. Sincerely, WOW.

Pirates are vicious and fast when you start out. Eventually, as in every game, you learn to beat them. That\'s part of it. But anyone criticizing someone for getting angry and posting about it (the horror!) needs to go fight Deathclaws in Fallout. What, you can kill those easily? Yes, most of us can once we figure out how. But when you start, even seeing a Deathclaw (or pirate) or your screen makes you run and hide.

Sincerely, PhalogenX, you\'ll figure them out. They are very strong when you start. But you\'ll learn, and soon you\'ll be the one out looking for them and asking how you can make them stronger. Keep flying!

-Al

Reaction score
    Before there were pirates...
    I\'ve seen them weak
    I\'ve seen them strong
    There are ways to disable them so one can learn the game
    There are ways to avoid them
    There are ways to change them
    There are even ways to conquer the

Ask for help and be patient for answer
    Try researching the many sites/videos available

I fondly remember my hectic first few days in space, hijacking a cruiser... salvaging a battle sphere (that used to be a valid combat tactic). Starting construction of my first reactor ship (look up Hangman if your interested). Spending MONTHS designing, tweaking, building various reactor designs into ships.

I\'m sorry your having a bad first experience, I suggest removing the isanth blueprint from the game folder, and unchecking the \"usable by enemy\" option in the admin tab of your ship catalog.

If your on a server and don\'t have admin privileges, try asking a player/faction for help, many are actively recruiting and will happily get you started

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    not to brag but ive seen worse happen to me. for an example my hangar ship wich is 500m long came to kill me because i had put an AI core on it then the pirates came with 7 of my oversized ship and blev me up whilst building a even bigger ship

had to reset that world because of that

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here is what\'s wrong with your stuff-

1.) Needs more turrets. (Dakka)
    2.) Station needs to be factioned and homebased. (Indestructibru)
    3.) Ships need to be docked to your indestructibru homebase. (U Mad Bro)
    4.) Build better ships. (U Jelly?)

Have fun, and don\'t rage. It\'s pointless, and pisses us normal people off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s what they do. What\'s the point of having them in the game if they aren\'t a challenge?

Everybody here has, at some point, been blown to mincemeat by a pack of pirates. You are not alone. So, please calm down, and keep playing. After a while you won\'t even noice them.

Reaction score
    Seems like OP didnt do his homework from what i have seen.

OP, read the wiki, forums, whatever.

Then you will understand where you screwed up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ANGUS JUST SHUT UP YOU BULLY CRITIC.

My 5-shield 4-linked-cannon 3- power and thruster ship (may be nooby but I JUST started) has ABSOLUTELY NO strength to get the power to raid a space station for credits, and (don\'t ask me why) whenever a planet loads and I look at it, I lag HORRIBLY. I think that there should be stronger disabled ships in the catalog and you could enable them when you wanted to for the stronger player\'s sake. I myself have no idea where the ship core of the Isanths are so it took me a bit to take out 1 of 6 pirates trapping me at a shop. If you could tell me where it is it would be helpful.

P.S: Yes I did disable the Isanths, I\'m just taking out the currently spawned ones. Actually, I\'m just gonna go ahead and admin their faces out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    To quote the engineer..

\"How am i going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a new structurally superflorus behind?\"

\"The answer? Gun.\"

\"And if that don\'t work, more gun.\"

You can never have enough gun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    When you are being spawncamped by pirates after just starting out to the point where you cannot even get a ship to fight back, like I was, just do the following:

1. Position yourself between the shop and one of the pirates.
    2. Float towards the selected pirate in a zig-zag strafing pattern. Shooting at it to get its attention is optional.
    3. Make sure to move laterally so that the pirate is missing you and hitting the shop.
    4. Watch the Trading Guild fleet warp in and rip the pirates some new butts.
    5. Collect the dead Isanths, then unbuild them.

Not only have you gotten rid of the pirates, and received more stuff to start out with, but you also have a police force guarding you as you build your ship.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Take the guns off. Take half the shields off. Buy a turret dock, a ship core, and a Bobby AI.

Make a small turret, put some shields on it, turn it to Turret mode and activate it, and allow its perfect aim to kill the pirates for you.

Reaction score
    /destroy_entity

Select your target with \"f\" then type the command. Remember you are the admin in single player.