Bug Pirates / Trading Fighters not spawning

Reaction score
    I've recently encountered a problem on Starmade where I cannot find any pirates,and even if I use the wave console command it won't work.
    I've also tried shooting the trading fleet,and no matter how much taunts they give me none of their ships will attack me.
    The only thing I can find is rarely the pirate space station / mothership boss battle,but nothing else.
    I really want to test my Star Destroyer out or my Star Cruiser,but I can't as there's nothing to test it on apart from the stations which are easy to take down.
    I've also heard of a /spawn_mobs "Shipname" (FACTION ID) console command or something like that,but I've never got a clear explanation on how to use it.
    I need some help,two of the ways to help me are:
    Tell me the exact console command to spawn in pirates using the Isanth-VI so I can copy and paste it directly into my game
    Update the game so the spawn rate is fixed.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    Did you, by any chance, disable enemy spawning in the config? That's what it sounds like.

Reaction score
    Make sure you have at least one ship available for enemy use. You can set that by clicking the permissions button in the ship catalog admin tab.
    For the mob spawn command type "/spawn_mobs Isanth-VI -1 3" to spawn 3 isanth pirate ships. If the ship name has spaces, it needs to be surrounded by quotes.

Reactions: UCHUNOKASAI

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    /spawn_Mobs 'name' <faction_id> <count>

- Name is blueprint to use, enclose with ' when using spaces.
    - Faction is the Faction it is spawned for, use:
    /faction_list
    -2 should be trading guild
    -1 pirates​
    - count is the number to spawn

Regarding no pirates being spawned at all:
    Check Server.cfg for:

ENABLE_SIMULATION = true //Universe AI simulation
    CONCURRENT_SIMULATION = 256 //How many simulation groups may be in the universe simultaniously (performance)
    ENEMY_SPAWNING = true //Enables enemy spawing
    SIMULATION_SPAWN_DELAY = 420 //How much seconds between simulation spawn ticks

All 4 options enabled? set?

If yes, go "Admin" tab in catalog, and make sure you have at least one ship tagged "enemy usable"

- Andy

Reactions: UCHUNOKASAI
    Reaction score
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have this problem...

I'm afraid the Ship catalogue accessed from the starmade starter is simply a list. Where or how do I find the admin tab to allow me to ensure at least one ship is tagged 'enemy usable'?

Thanks

Reaction score
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have this problem...

I'm afraid the Ship catalogue accessed from the starmade starter is simply a list. Where or how do I find the admin tab to allow me to ensure at least one ship is tagged 'enemy usable'?

Thanks
    Ingame. It's on the same screen as the Inventory and labeled "Catalog".

Reaction score
    [Fixed]
    Having the same problem of no trade guild or pirate ships spawning (I killed the little NPC guy at 2,2,2....did not know they shot back). Even shot the trade guild station repeatedly. There are ships in the admin section of the ship catalog. And my relevant server.cfg settings are

ENABLE_SIMULATION = true //Universe AI simulation
    CONCURRENT_SIMULATION = 256 //How many simulation groups may be in the universe simultaniously (performance)
    ENEMY_SPAWNING = true //Enables enemy spawing
    SIMULATION_SPAWN_DELAY = 420 //How much seconds between simulation spawn ticks

-edit- Had to set permissions in the Admin catalog folder for the standard isanths to "EnemyUsable" = true.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I looked at this forum. I had to go into my starmade folder move the blueprints from "blueprints-default" to "blueprints", then i had to go in game and set the permissions and they worked.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am having this exact issue, I have tried all methods, there is no pirates spawning! I have upgraded the server to the latest and well no spawning!

I have added the above lines to the config, I have used the command to spawn ships, that works but if you attack stations (pirate) no joy, you do not get any pirates, the message appears if you shoot the station with a gun, but not missile (it was reversed previously).

any suggestions! I have not tried attacking a trade station yet. sadly while trying admin commands it appears I have deleted my space station that I had not yet saved :(

I have also created a new world in SP - same issue attacking pirate stations and shops does not trigger AI's attacking, despite the messages appearing

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am having this exact issue, I have tried all methods, there is no pirates spawning! I have upgraded the server to the latest and well no spawning!

I have added the above lines to the config, I have used the command to spawn ships, that works but if you attack stations (pirate) no joy, you do not get any pirates, the message appears if you shoot the station with a gun, but not missile (it was reversed previously).

any suggestions! I have not tried attacking a trade station yet. sadly while trying admin commands it appears I have deleted my space station that I had not yet saved :(

I have also created a new world in SP - same issue attacking pirate stations and shops does not trigger AI's attacking, despite the messages appearing
    Darkduck
    You did not say if you have done all that has been said above.
    Have you gone ingame into the BluePrints (BP) and selected ADMIN tab.
    Then select a small (Ideally isanth) BP and set ENEMYUSABLE flag (a tickbox) in the PERMISSIONS.
    To get BPs quickly, press U ingame.

If ships selected as ENEMYUSABLE are very large mass they will not spawn in my experience.
    This may able be due to the MOB wave level which is another black box piece of programming mechanics.

Reaction score
    yes, they have access to all the isanth models, and a fem sub 500 mass ships like a heavy fighter, and an f302 model!

it appears there is a bug, otherwise soemthing else has occured, there are others who seem to be havng the issue to.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Yep same issue, missiles and torch = no pirates. Also a few other weapons and tools as well don't cause any spawns either. I've also shot at shops and got nothing and yes I've checked my ships that are suppose to spawn.

Reaction score
    Same here. First i thought it was a server setting maybe, so i went to another server with the same result. Sometimes pirates / trading guild ships seem to spawn with some sort of delay or a few sectors away though (too far to see on navigation). Missiles seem to never work on pirate stations. You can literally nuke down the whole station without even getting a warning about incoming pirate fleets. With cannons it work well, at least you get the message that ships are being sent.

TBB

Reaction score
    I'm having this problem too. This is such an obvious "bug" that I think this is actually left out on purpose.
    Too bad... I was just about to try this game again after a couple of months, because it might have been a bit less boring now, but it seems like the only thing that kept this game alive is gone... Hopefully not for long.

I'm quite confident that this game will get interesting soon though. Look at how much progress has been made, sadly only for people who only love building and some admins, but still. So I guess I'll be back in about a month or so then (maybe never)...

Reaction score
    When you get the transmission message fly to one of the sector corners. (Remember everything is a cube in Starmade including sectors and systems.) keep flying to each corner of the sector and watch your nav, and you may be able to find the pirate. Seems they spawn miles away from where they should with the last patch that came out.

After the last update the server I played on you'd get one crappy fighter spawn like this, Admins have just made it so you can get a wave/fleet spawn in and fight, but alas the same 'check the corners' crap happens meaning you spend more time looking for the ships than fighting them.
    They're now working on getting the wave lists to spawn properly as seems the same Big Ship and 5 or so fighters keep spawning.

I really hope the devs fix this next patch and perhaps look at simplfying the process of assigning ships to both AI factions outside of the ingame and console spawn commands.
    When we attack a station or shop, we should be the hunted, not the hunters when the fleets get called.

Think the way to go myself would be 2 folders with sub folders:
    Pirates
    Wave1
    Wave2
    Wave3
    etc.

Trade Guild
    Wave1
    Wave2
    Wave3
    etc.

Just drop the blueprints a faction and it's waves can use into the appropriate folder and have the game read and use those.
    Then again I am not a programmer, so maybe while it seems a simple solution it's maybe too hard or impossible to do?