pirates to hard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    can you make the pirates easyr or have some buy them selves which is easy for me sinse I only have to fight one buy itself but it has to be easy to

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can change the pirate\'s ships to be anything you want, be it titans or fighters. so if you think they are too hard then just look up on google on how to change their ships. Or just build a decent ship! pirates are not that hard! heck, just make a ship big enough to beat them, or download one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really? Most people say they\'re already too easy, with the ships most people build being too powerful for pirates to do much in terms of harm.

Personally, I find the individual Isanth-IV piloted pirates fairly simple to deal with, they don\'t take a lot of hits before they are defeated, but the stations can be a monster to beat if you aren\'t a gigantic monster of a ship yourself. That said, that\'s pretty much what I would expect of a pirate station though, so personally, I\'m against pirate nerfing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve only been playing the game a few hours and personally I feel the pirates are pretty balanced thus far. The first ship I cobbled together was more or less a match for a single pirate in combat (which is about how things should be) and I have little doubt that once I\'ve mastered the mechanics a little further I\'ll be able to take on larger groups.

Also, try using longer range missiles to try and draw a single pirate away from the group if you\'re not in a vessel designed for a large firefight. Or make a fast ship and use guerilla hit and run tactics, launching a quick strike and running away before they can engage.

Reaction score
    Pirates are really easy to beat, as their ships are super-poorly designed. I have a ship like 3 times smaller than isanth vi capable of easly killing a few.

Reaction score
    Isanths are chumps. You can also just spew missiles at their bases to deal with their turrets from long range. Pirates are fine. Just build a decent ship and turn off \"enemy use\" on your large builds so they don\'t come at you with a monster ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can also edit the server.cfg to make their aim worse. By default, they have 99% accuracy. I changed mine to be Stormtroopers. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In my opinion, Pirates are OK. Because you can control how strong they are by giving them Ships... or not.

What I did was that i simply create a whole bunch of different Ships especially for the P\'s.

I gave them Some small, weak ones, lots of different medium Types and some very strong ones.

This way they fleets are mostly pretty average, sometimes you can shoot them within a second and sometimes you have to run because they come with 3-4 of the big rapist ships. Gives you a bit of a thrill then.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, I think i have a good idea for this. At the beginning of the game you spawn near the center (0,0,0). Near the center pirates should be easy, like the isanth IV ships or worse. As you go out the pirates should get new ships and become harder. Ofcourse because your farther out there will be rewards as well. Better stocked space stations, better/more items at shops, Higher density ores. atm it doesnt seem like there is much of a diffficulty range, and this would be cool.

Reaction score
    How could you possibly do that?

The AI Accuracy config doesn\'t seem to work for anyone. I have it at 1, and they are still laser accurate. A other people posted on the thread I made about it in the bugs section and they had the same experience.

Did you find a way to make it work? If so please, please tell me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you build ships properly, you won\'t have much trouble with default pirates. Make sure you disable them from using your blueprints tho, that may get too hard :P

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    but he has a bit of a point. He may have forgotten to turn off the pirate spawn option for his ship, and may be having to deal with five or six of his own ship design at a time. If that\'s the case, I understand. If it\'s Isanths, you, sir, need to learn how to use a computer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you dont need a giant ship if you have a perma-cloak ship you just go up to the turrets while cloaked and jammed and then shoot the turret docks. :)

Reaction score
    Troll or not pirates are easy i gave them a bigger ship to make htings...difficult however they do not use missles.

Reaction score
    I accidentally gave the pirates the Heldtech_Damocles.

Lag followed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was wondering when something like this would show up.. Nerf lovers.

Pirates are a pretty minimal threat when you have a decent ship. If you\'re having trouble with them and they keep tearing you apart, just stay in sector 2, 2, 2 until you have a ship with enough shield power to withstand the hits from a few Isanth\'s. Turrets are a good idea, as well.

Reaction score
    pirates to hard? solution build better ships #stopwhining

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don\'t know about the default Isanth but my pirates all have upgraded versions as well as their own designs on my server. I know I can\'t fly around in a fighter anymore because if I get into a 1 on 1 fight versus a pirate fighter even if I have a better ship I will loose every time because they have 100% accuracy and I don\'t. Any of my larger ships with turrets make short work of pirates but I am hesitant to add more ships to the pirate arsenal until the sniper issue is taken care of. PVE in the game is currently broken regardless... oh well balance comes after stability.