3st system: 5 level-1 ship in a team
    4st system: 1 level-2, 3 level-1 ship in a team
    5st system: 2 level-2, 3 level-1 ship in a team
    6st system: 3 level-2, 2 level-1 ship in a team
    7st system: 4 level-2, 1 level-1 ship in a team
    8st system: 5 level-2 ship in a team
    9st system: 1 level-3, 3 level-3 ship in a team
    10st system: 2 level-3, 3 level-3 ship in a team

And how can we have more different level of pirate ships?
    Lets have a pirate ship build contest;)

Reactions: Clockwork Alpha
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That's the way the game freelancer worked, the farther away you got from the starting system, the harder things got. I really think we need this to encourage development of bigger and better ships. Right now I have a decent (but not huge) ship, but as long as I keep my radar jammer turned on it can take on dozens of pirates and a pirate base at once anywhere in the galaxy. I really don't feel a need to build anything bigger in single player, which is a shame.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That's the way the game freelancer worked, the farther away you got from the starting system, the harder things got. I really think we need this to encourage development of bigger and better ships. Right now I have a decent (but not huge) ship, but as long as I keep my radar jammer turned on it can take on dozens of pirates and a pirate base at once anywhere in the galaxy. I really don't feel a need to build anything bigger in single player, which is a shame.
    That method worked fine for freelancer. When I loaded up X2 it was much different, I attacked ships expecting the same system only to find out the pirates were able to wipe the floor with you as the larger pirates were spread out everywhere. It doesn't make much sense in a sandbox and punishes those who want to explore or live on the fringe without constant pirate frigate attacks.

If you get bored of the pirates, you are free to add whatever you want into the catalog.

Although I would love to see random pirate controlled systems that would be extremely dangerous to enter.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This would be cool, maybe difficulty of pirates also increases depending on the amount destroyed in the system? Awesome idea ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Although I would love to see random pirate controlled systems that would be extremely dangerous to enter.
    There needs to be a reason to enter such areas. The mission system will probably solve a lot of these problems by creating challenges equal to a players abilities. Perhaps specific enemies will spawn based on the mission parameters.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There needs to be a reason to enter such areas. The mission system will probably solve a lot of these problems by creating challenges equal to a players abilities. Perhaps specific enemies will spawn based on the mission parameters.
    Killing pirates is reason enough for me, I like a challenge. If you don't like the challenge then avoid pirate sectors. If it's a simple "they get bigger the farther you go" solution than your only option is to stay in the center of the galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I suggest we set some sort of leveling system to pirate ship and turrets
    maybe an equation about shield, shield regen and DPS

So when we travel along universe, the farther we are away from 2,2,2
    the stronger pirate will be generated. Maybe every 5 system upgrade 1 level

or farther more, for example, something like this(for pirate ships):
    1st system: 3 level-1 ship in a team
    2st system: 4 level-1 ship in a team
    3st system: 5 level-1 ship in a team
    4st system: 1 level-2, 3 level-1 ship in a team
    5st system: 2 level-2, 3 level-1 ship in a team
    6st system: 3 level-2, 2 level-1 ship in a team
    7st system: 4 level-2, 1 level-1 ship in a team
    8st system: 5 level-2 ship in a team
    9st system: 1 level-3, 3 level-3 ship in a team
    10st system: 2 level-3, 3 level-3 ship in a team

And how can we have more different level of pirate ships?
    Lets have a pirate ship build contest;)

[DOUBLEPOST=1418806951,1418806900][/DOUBLEPOST]
    make it so pirate stations are not scrap
    reason: more reasources from stations

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I agree. Getting scrap from stations isn't even worth it at a price of 1 (or 2, can't remember) credits per piece. I guess it might be a step towards players manufacturing to add value. But, meh, maybe instead stations should explode (not destroying the whole thing) if the faction module gets destroyed by weapons.

Reaction score
    Have any of you complaining about the scrap from stations even USED the Micro-Assembler? You can turn both types of Scrap into useable material in crafting.

As for the Pirates getting stronger the farther you are from Spawn or Core, or whatever you call 2 2 2. Starmade already does that.

In Void Systems, Systems without stars, you are more likely to find pirate stations, These systems are more common the farther you are from a galactic core. As for the Pirate Ships, Starmade, as it stands, will only ever offer the Isanth Type-Zero as a default. If you want stronger pirates to fight in these leveled waves we have, you need to build them, or download them from the Starmade Dock.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Have any of you complaining about the scrap from stations even USED the Micro-Assembler? You can turn both types of Scrap into useable material in crafting.

As for the Pirates getting stronger the farther you are from Spawn or Core, or whatever you call 2 2 2. Starmade already does that.

In Void Systems, Systems without stars, you are more likely to find pirate stations, These systems are more common the farther you are from a galactic core. As for the Pirate Ships, Starmade, as it stands, will only ever offer the Isanth Type-Zero as a default. If you want stronger pirates to fight in these leveled waves we have, you need to build them, or download them from the Starmade Dock.
    It actually bothers me that the space between galaxies has so many pirates. It doesn't make sense that this vast empty void between lands contains thousands of pirate stations.

Reaction score
    What if we made pirates have separate trade and travel routes. With these travel routes there could be stronger or weaker points of the route that would be inside of pirate territory. Therefore the bigger the pirate territory the more and stronger pirates. Of course this would require pirates to have their own script to build ships and stations. Additionally, this would also require pirates to take territory and mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    If you want stronger pirates to fight in these leveled waves we have, you need to build them, or download them from the Starmade Dock.
    I don't want to have to make a bunch of pirate ships to fight or wade through a bunch of downloads. I like seeing others creations for the first time in game (it is much more of a surprise). If I just run into ships I built myself there is no surprise. I already know what they look like and am probably sick of looking at them.

Like the station contest I hope we have a NPC ship contest. Perhaps a contest where you build several fleets of ships all with similar paint jobs/styles. Maybe they could be rated according to some strength classification so they spawn with one large destroyer/cruiser surrounded by several fighters.

Reaction score
    Like the station contest I hope we have a NPC ship contest. Perhaps a contest where you build several fleets of ships all with similar paint jobs/styles. Maybe they could be rated according to some strength classification so they spawn with one large destroyer/cruiser surrounded by several fighters.
    Calbiri who was in charge of the Pirate Ship Selection decided against a contest because it would just end in rage. The Type-Zero was made to mimic the firepower of the old Mk 6, but use updated systems and building techniques. This way, New players who DO NOT know how to build a ship, can get an example of it.

You either need to suck it up and build your own, or download some from a community page. A third option is to go to a server and get it's pirates, save them to local and set them as your pirates.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Calbiri who was in charge of the Pirate Ship Selection decided against a contest because it would just end in rage. The Type-Zero was made to mimic the firepower of the old Mk 6, but use updated systems and building techniques. This way, New players who DO NOT know how to build a ship, can get an example of it.

You either need to suck it up and build your own, or download some from a community page. A third option is to go to a server and get it's pirates, save them to local and set them as your pirates.
    Are the pirate ships getting updated by you anytime soon? They were built before weapon and shield updates that have left them kind of lacking. They won't generate shields and some of the Mb cannot power their weapons effectively

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ramming the thread to see what label it will get