Pirate Nerf?

Reaction score
    Well, its been a few days so I'd like to give you more news!

To start, some news about the Dev Build;

• Schema has added a solution for the AI difficulty in game! There is now a difficulty setting in the launcher, you can enjoy easy to mean levels of AI viciousness.
    • A new "Orbital Viewing Camera" mode has been added, simply hold down the \ (backslash) key to display it based on the location of your astronaut.
    • GIF's can now be recorded by toggling you "pause/break" key. The GIF file is placed in your starmade folder, same as your screenshots.
    • A set of settings for GIF recordings have been added into your settings (for now, the setting file in your starmade folder.)

http://imgur.com/P0zjlEf

Sorry about the lack quality there, I'm not the best GIF person (that's my first actually.)

http://star-made.org/content/animated-ship-gif-tutorial-gif-heavy-taking-requests Crusade was making some Lovely GIF's BEFORE this new feature was added. Now you have some helpful tools Crusade.

• More background improvements, mostly to improve load times when displaying lots of blocks.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Calbiri does this mean we can view our ships in an orbital formation?

Reaction score
    Its an option to set the camera rotating your entity in a circle

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ok...I predict that there will be a proper 3rd person view within the next 5 official updates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    WOW NICE CRUCH MODE

jk, I guess I would have appreciated a difficulty setting back when I was new as well

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m cannot keybinding keys of my chois for any function, the admintool crash every 5 minutes, the server has every 5 minutes save errors...BUT NOW I CAN RECORD IT!!!!!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Yay, now we have the tools to show the bugs!

Reaction score
    Adding the GIF/camera functions was a simple project that schema did in his off time this evening for his own entertainment. We can\'t compain about him wanting a little fun too can we?

Reaction score
    Don\'t worry. He\'s been doing a lot more bugfixing than things like this. It was just a break from the usual bug hunting for a minute. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    First off, I recognize that ship interior in the gif, it\'s the Valkyrie isn\'t it?

On another point, does the configuring of AI difficulty also affect the trading guild? e.g. spawn more, retaliate \'quicker\', better tactics, better blueprints, etc.

Reaction score
    Does this affect the accuracy of the AI? If so, does it also affect the accuracy of turrets I build?

Finally, has the config option that determines AI accuracy been fixed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    my server is being hosted but i cant find any files other than starmade.jar so it doesnt work i cant find the files

Reaction score
    I am very curious about the AI difficulty...maybe I will eventually edit the config files so its on hard AI, hard economy and permadeath