Pirate and Auxiliary

Reaction score
    To make better pirates, we wanted to build auxiliary for them but when we have test... They didnt turn auxiliary to ON, so i think its really necessary, for build strongest pirates :)

sorry for my english, im really bad with it

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    TL:DR for those of you that hate exposition:
    If pirates could use a radar-jammer, you would never see the pirates coming untill the first hits strike your ship.
    Then, being jammed, you would not have the indicators pointing to them, so you would spin in an endless circle trying to find them, before dying from the pirate that brought the nuke missiles.
    Oh, and your AI turrets can't find the pirates either, so don't even try to pretend that would work.
    The only way to see a radar-jammed ship, is to get lucky and physically see it with your eyeballs.

Exposition, and laughter at OP's expense:

Hahaha, no.

The Pirates are literally dumber than a sack of rocks, the "standard" pirate ship in the game is the Isanth-0, which comes with a radar-jammer. (yes, all of the Isanth Type-Zero)
    To illustrate how retarded the AI is, you see those triangles and hexagons on your screen that "indicate" a ship? (or a station, or a rock)
    A ship using a radar jammer no longer has those indicators pointing to it.

AI is too stupid to use a radar-jammer, even on the versions of the Isanth-0 that have enough spare power to use it.
    (the power-update ruined those ships, prior to that, they were mean)

This means the AI is too goddamn retarded to hide.

So, if the AI is too dumb to live, why, by Kratos' hairy balls, do you want to give the AI the ability to use a different piece of "player only" equipment?
    (one that even some of the players are saying is hard to use)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If pirates could use a radar-jammer, you would never see the pirates coming untill the first hits strike your ship.
    Then, being jammed, you would not have the indicators pointing to them, so you would spin in an endless circle trying to find them, before dying from the pirate that brought the nuke missiles.
    Oh, and your AI turrets can't find the pirates either, so don't even try to pretend that would work.
    The only way to see a radar-jammed ship, is to get lucky and physically see it with your eyeballs.

Hahaha, no.

The Pirates are literally dumber than a sack of rocks, the "standard" pirate ship in the game is the Isanth-0, which comes with a radar-jammer. (yes, all of the Isanth Type-Zero)
    To illustrate how retarded the AI is, you see those triangles and hexagons on your screen that "indicate" a ship? (or a station, or a rock)

AI is too stupid to use a radar-jammer, even on the versions of the Isanth-0 that have enough spare power to use it.

So, if the AI is too dumb to live, why, by Kratos' hairy balls, do you want to give the AI the ability to use a different piece of "player only" equipment?
    From what i understand from various conversations around the forums, this is a bug with aux power. It is supposed to default to on with ai.

I have not yet tested this out. I have been talking to the various master crafters here to have a good experiment, not just for answers but for science fun.

Some of us want very nasty pirates. If AI turrets can not see the nasty pirates, then suddenly players have a reason to have capital ship turrets that they can jump in. they also have a reason to use heat seekers. It also makes dog fights much more fun, as now you are having to chase pirate ships down to gun them down instead of locking on nukes and forgetting about their existence.

Also, there will come a day when pirates are no longer cylon rejected bobby AI, but npcs. That means that they will have line of sight, so the player advantage of radar jamming won't work anymore. When this happens we will stop calling this game "space minecraft" and start calling it "yes man's sky"

Reaction score
    Indeed you did Slobo, I was trying to use Radar-Jammer as an example of one of the many other blocks the AI is too damn dumb to use.
    I had thought I'd made that clear, but I guess your English really is that bad, and that my anger at yet another thread about anything to do with AI, when there isn't a council to pass the suggestion along, worsened my grasp of my native English.

The point I had been after, boils down to this:
    If the AI cannot use equipment to hide itself, why would it be able to use equipment to boost itself?

Here's a list of most of the systems AI can't grok.

ION effect, Punch effect, Pierce effect, pull effect, stop effect, emp effect push effect, explosive effect, overdrive effect, Radar-jammer [possibly THE most usefull to said pirates], the cloaker, any logic-toggled weapon, and the newest blocks: Auxilliary Power.
    Those effects are explicitly for when they are not built as part of a weapon. (as part of a weapon the AI uses them just fine)

In short, I was rather enraged at a thread asking for the AI, which has been needing an update since the effects were introduced (if not sooner), to get a "mini" update just to let it use AUX power.

I saw it, hoped it wasn't what I was thinking it was, clicked to confirm, it was, and my aggression inhibitor failed to keep up with the rage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Please point on the blueprint where the pirate touched you.

Having fights against titan sized pirates with you and your friends in a smaller ship fleet would be epic. That's not going to happen without aux.

I want moar than titian sized fights. I want to be able to put in faction based fleets, and have them behave in faction based ways, like cloaked romulan and Klingon fleets, and other stuff. I want a dangerous universe that is risky as hell to play and explore in, not this empty silent dead crap. The only way to have a challenge is to be on a server and hope the lag does not ruin the immersion.

From what i can tell, AI is having a ton of issues in this game. In the past when it was a handful of dumb pirates, this was not an issue, now that factions and fleets are in the game, this has become an issue.

The thing is, this is an early alpha game, so features and bugs are a fact of life. I suspect that the next few updates will be optimization, new blocks, and ai improvements.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score

Hahaha, no.

...Thor forbid you be required/expected to have a SCANNER on your ship vs radar jamming pirates, or have to out-run a big-tanking-aux pirate with your dinky shuttle-filled-with-flowers.

Thor forbid depth be added to the Artificial stupIdity