Pimp my Shops & Factions (Not Related to Pimp My Ride)

Would you like to see more expanded features for shops and faction permission modules?

• Yeah, update this! we need a way to monitor members!

Votes: 13 100.0%
    • No, I like the way it stands right now. Don't Change anything!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    IF YOU LIKE THIS SUGGESTION PLEASE HIT THE AGREE BUTTON!

Faction Suggestion:

As it stands now the major factions of Starmade are having to make multiple groups in order to protect their homebase from certain players who have less than desirable behavior. This kills recruiting in big factions as it mostly relies on the Honor System, this newer recruit either has to go into an isolated sub faction of the main group and feel insignificant or the new recruit would go into the main faction allowing him full access to every item/factory/build block/faction block/ and ship inside that one factions. What I suggest is fix the "Faction Permission Block" to allow a customization of access rights based upon given ranks inside the said faction.
    So if you want to allow newer lower ranked players access to only one kind of ship place the faction permission block and lock those ships to that rank only. This would be universal if placed next to any block to include doors, turrets, and build blocks. It would also help all factions regardless of size protect their work and enable an RP aspect to the game.

Shop Suggestion:

Currently we have a way to make player owned shops but no way to manage the inventory and how they process these actions. We are able to limit trade by one of two actions: Changing the prices all to zero or fill the shop with that item to prevent someone from selling. This can be alleviated by offering a check mark system much like the faction tab where you set neutral to enemy etc. Except in regards to items you want to buy/sell. This would greatly help the future of the industrial factions and player run economies and simplify shop inventory. I would also like to see something along the lines of a Faction Bank implemented in this shop that uses the already present Shop Admin list but allows only those people to withdraw from it while still allowing everyone to deposit credits without having to sell an item.

This is an example of what I'm talking about.

[X] Buy [ ] Sell Red Standard Hull Buy Price/Sell Price

The only other way to do this is to go to each and every item in starmade and set the price to zero. this can become extremely boring and rather dull, then if a admin refreshes shop prices all the work you just invested is reset and you must go back through all the prices and reset them.

schema Calbiri Please consider this development and correct any misinformation I may have about how to implement this. I would really like to see a way to increase faction activity, however right now there are far too many griefers to be this trusting.

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think the recent faction stagnation can be attributed more to the actions of factions themselves than the game updating, not to say it can't be improved, but to say it's not the current issue.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Faction Suggestion:

As it stands now the major factions of Starmade are having to make multiple groups in order to protect their homebase from certain players who have less than desirable behavior. This kills recruiting in big factions as it mostly relies on the Honor System, this newer recruit either has to go into an isolated sub faction of the main group and feel insignificant or the new recruit would go into the main faction allowing him full access to every item/factory/build block/faction block/ and ship inside that one factions. What I suggest is fix the "Faction Permission Block" to allow a customization of access rights based upon given ranks inside the said faction.
    So if you want to allow newer lower ranked players access to only one kind of ship place the faction permission block and lock those ships to that rank only. This would be universal if placed next to any block to include doors, turrets, and build blocks. It would also help all factions regardless of size protect their work and enable an RP aspect to the game.

schema Calbiri Please consider this development and correct any misinformation I may have about how to implement this. I would really like to see a way to increase faction activity, however right now there are far too many griefers to be this trusting.
    This. This so much. This would make my job so much easier.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Faction Suggestion:

There once was a "Faction Hub" block handling this, but as I stated in other threads, it was removed for reasons not known to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Totally agree on both sides.

Shop mechanics can wait, since we don't have a sophisticated economy system established, thus meddling with shop functionality is unnecessary at the moment, but the point stands - to become something more than a large personal item storage for a Faction command hierarchy, they has to be easier to manage first.

Faction permissions and faction structure as a whole is what really should be investigated. Current Faction is completely trust-dependant and otherwise too easy to abuse by anyone within it. This makes enforcing and maintaining order and structure of the player groups almost impossbile, and any internal conflict or "unfortunate" member pick can cost the faction a majority of it's virtual property. It can take around an hour for a single player to completely nullify all the effort put into Home base, garrisoned fleet, gate network, storage contains and entire shop goods and items supply. That is a sorry situation for any faction with no exception.

Permission block must take over that much needed security, including preventing building on ships or stations when placed adjacent to core/build block.

Reaction score
    Yeah, the system is way outdated to a time where griefers weren't abundant on the game. As the popularity of this game grows so does the means to control property. Hopefully this will be recognized, I'm hoping to work with the dev team to have this implemented

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Yeah, the system is way outdated to a time where griefers weren't abundant on the game. As the popularity of this game grows so does the means to control property. Hopefully this will be recognized, I'm hoping to work with the dev team to have this implemented
    If not I'll poke them to death :P

Reactions: xlBlackhawklx
    Reaction score
    Lol, I'll try to keep it at the top of the list we probably need more votes to get their attention

Reaction score
    Also could we somehow implement a way to faction warp gates, so that every joe blow can't just hop through a factioned warpgate. I currently do not think it viable to have to place a large door over a warpgate to prevent entry rather use the permission block like stated above to implement who can pass through it by FactionID or Playernames.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Also could we somehow implement a way to faction warp gates, so that every joe blow can't just hop through a factioned warpgate. I currently do not think it viable to have to place a large door over a warpgate to prevent entry rather use the permission block like stated above to implement who can pass through it by FactionID or Playernames.
    Doors don't even work that well. Ram them hard enough and you go through them.

Reaction score
    Yeah, exactly however then collisions with said door cause server lag and hurt other players. This is why we need the permissions block updated so badly. The amount of control over your faction that would come with this updated block is unrivaled

Reaction score
    Anyone have some other suggestions involving factions or shops. I'd really like to see this asset optimized

Reaction score
    So I was thinking about something today, why not have faction permission apply to a bank block. This bank block would calculate how much work you've done for your faction if linked to a storage container giving them faction points and credits for their effort. While also giving us a progress log of who has done work inside the faction. If you need an idea of how this works look at the current runescape clan bases. You must mine, farm, woodcut etc in order to keep perks of the clan. All of this progress can be tracked as well for promoting. Mind you runescape is a java based game as well....so it can be done