Implemented Pickup point HUD icon off when inactive

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pickup points on the HUD. I did a search but I didn't see any existing suggestions about this.

At the moment its possible to use logic to turn a pickup point off. However some builds especially drone carriers etc... have a lot of pickup points and your HUD can get filled with them. What I propose is that a pickup point that is disabled by logic not show up on the HUD.

The second reason is it allows us to use this logic to auto turn off pickup points.
    Docker at end rail activates an actuator linked to not linked to pickup point. If something is docked there that turns the pickup point off. If there is nothing docked there the pickup point is active.

So if you can't see inactive pickup points on the HUD this would cut down on the issues docking to a drone carrier.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    Yes please, active and eligible pickup points only on the HUD.

If I may, another pickup point/HUD related addition I'd love to see would be a way to re-/name them individually, independent of the entity they're on - like inner ship remotes for example (ie. the functionality is already there, please extend it to pickup points).

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    The pick up point should only show when you have a docker on you command bar

Reaction score
    The pick up point should only show when you have a docker on you command bar
    It does, but it does so even if it's disabled, and it doesn't care whether you're actually allowed to dock to the structure. In both cases it would be preferable to not show up at all so you can only see those pickup points you can actually use with your selected docker.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    It does, but it does so even if it's disabled, and it doesn't care whether you're actually allowed to dock to the structure. In both cases it would be preferable to not show up at all so you can only see those pickup points you can actually use with your selected docker.
    I see, i havnt had that issue with my ship except when my ship has the rail docker selected so im thinking it might be a bug

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also, a possibility to enable/disable the indicator using the navigation menu (like every other indicator)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hai,
    Congrats! This suggestion has been recognised by the council and the devs, it has been added to the phabricator workflow. You can check out all the accepted suggestions that have been added to the planned list over here Group Council · Workboard
    (you have to scroll all the way to the right to see them)

I hope many more fine suggestions will come from you.

For reference:
    ⚓ T1735 pickup point hud icon off when inactive

Feel free to signup and subscribe to the task to get e-mail notifications once it hits release/dev-builds.

- Andy

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Suggested. Approved. and Implemented!

Another fine suggestion makes its way into the game! Great work, everyone! Keep up with the great ideas.