PC struggling with initial spawn.

Reaction score
    I recently picked up this game to join my friend. I've done almost everything I can think of by lowering just about anything to its lowest states. My PC, despite the low- well everything, can't seem to perform the initial spawn in a single player world. My PC will run fine until a few moments after pressing 'spawn' which freezes the game, forcing me to log off and back on just to get out of my game. I did get an error message stating that my drivers were out of date, but according to the Dell updater, they're in the latest version. If someone could help me out with this, it'd be much appreciated, thank you.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I recently picked up this game to join my friend. I've done almost everything I can think of by lowering just about anything to its lowest states. My PC, despite the low- well everything, can't seem to perform the initial spawn in a single player world. My PC will run fine until a few moments after pressing 'spawn' which freezes the game, forcing me to log off and back on just to get out of my game. I did get an error message stating that my drivers were out of date, but according to the Dell updater, they're in the latest version. If someone could help me out with this, it'd be much appreciated, thank you.
    For a start, your PC specs would be handy to help troubleshoot.
    In the meantime, try going into the advanced settings of your world and change the asteroid settings to something similar to the screenshot if theyre not already like that.

Untitled.png

Reaction score
    For a start, your PC specs would be handy to help troubleshoot.
    In the meantime, try going into the advanced settings of your world and change the asteroid settings to something similar to the screenshot if theyre not already like that.

View attachment 52468
    Thank you for the help, here's what I got in terms of specs like you requested. I also checked in my game, and for an odd reason, I don't have an ADV Settings tab.

Attachments

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,

The CPU you have, an i3-7100U does not meet our recommended requirements. From what I can see of the Inspiron 15 3567, it's a school/business-oriented laptop, with no external graphics. Which would leave it with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 620, which doesn't meet our minimum graphics requirements of a GTX 260 or equivalent. Our minimum requirements are the bare minimum of what we would expect would capable of running the game at the lowest settings. While we have encountered systems that were able to run StarMade below these minimum requirements, it can be a bit of a hit and miss, especially with integrated Intel graphics.

my drivers were out of date, but according to the Dell updater, they're in the latest version
    Intel graphic drivers are often quite old, lacking the necessary graphical support to run StarMade, even in later low range CPU models. However, I would suggest going directly to Intel's site to get their drivers, as your laptop manufacturer might not be supplying the latest drivers. This should be the page for your graphics: Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 620

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560, 650 Ti, 750 | AMD Radeon HD 5850, 6870, 7790 (or equivalent)
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 3 GB available space

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor: Intel Core i3 (2nd Generation and above) | AMD FX 6xxx or equivalent
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, 275, 280, 460 SE, 550 Ti | AMD Radeon HD 4870, 5770, 4890, 5830, 6770, 6790 or equivalent with OpenGL 2.1
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 3 GB available space
      • Additional Notes: 2GB of memory must be available for StarMade. Lower specs may work by modifying graphics and other performance options. Try out our demo to get an indication for your system. System components such as Integrated Graphics cards may not be supported. Requirements may change in further updates.
    I suggest contacting StarMade support, as they may have some suggestions as to the relevant settings or driver information. You can open a ticket here: Submit a ticket : StarMade Support . Users with low-end specs might also be able to assist you with the settings they use.

If those adjustments recommended by support and other community members do not work, it might unfortunately be the case that your laptop is not able to run the game. If you've purchased a copy through our website, we can process a refund for you. Otherwise, you'll have to contact the distributor you purchased through (most likely Steam).

I hope someone can chime in with some recommendations! :)

Reactions: Crusade

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Thank you for the help, here's what I got in terms of specs like you requested. I also checked in my game, and for an odd reason, I don't have an ADV Settings tab.
    no graphics card listed there, so ill assume an intel hd (at which point make sure to direct download the drivers from intel - never auto update them). your specs should be fine to play though (im on similar with a laptop).

are you also using 64 bit java or the pre packaged one that comes with the game?

dont check IN play for the adv settings tab, check at the main menu before launching a universe. if you're playing online, its not an option - that would be a server side setting.

so if you've only tried online play, try troubleshooting (and maybe some time learning some basics, as it will help in the long run once you get the game going) in singleplayer.