Password block

How much would you like to see this implemented?

• Immediately

• Soon

• Eventually

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    This has been suggested before, but I'd like to refresh the idea.

Even if as a temporary measure for alpha, please add a simple password permission block. That would give infinite levels of security within and outside a faction. In the long run maybe it could be rolled into faction blocks or some other universal permission block.

Reaction score
    I like this idea. Combine this with doors that can only open via logic and it would be sweet.

Reaction score
    How were you thinking this could work? I'm assuming you'd type in password to send an activation signal. Maybe it should be more of a combination thing so people don't have to remember whole passwords.

Reaction score

Even if as a temporary measure for alpha, please add a simple password permission block. That would give infinite levels of security within and outside a faction. In the long run maybe it could be rolled into faction blocks or some other universal permission block.
    I think Schine were talking about a soonish update to the permission block anyway, so something similar may already be in the works. That aside, I think improved access/restriction options beyond mere faction rank are a valid and somewhat pressing issue.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2

My first issue is how would you use it? The most a block would do is give out a high or low signal right or wrong pass word or more precise locked or unlocked.

Assuming you plan to use this on storage, doors and other controls.

If it is to keep others in the same faction out. Then at most it could only keep out those equal or under you.
    After all you aren't going to override build mode otherwise someone could leave or get kicked out of a faction and whatever space is there wouldn't be reclaimable.

If it isn't a home base it could be destroyed by other means. So a lock block would be pointless outside a home base.

So in short no matter what the block could only be used to good effect in a home base and it could only keep people out who are lower than you in rank in your faction or equal and those not in the faction.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can see this being great for the starting station, allied factions, and adventure maps.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score

Good idea. Many times I have heard some complaint in the chat: ' the new guy we let into the faction just stole my capital ship and trashed the base.' or some similar grief. This really shuts down on co-operative play. It is the main reason I (and other I have talked to) won't faction with strangers. Paranoia ensues...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to see this in the final game. There are a number of uses for it.