Overwhelming point defense

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sounds fun! Sometime I'm gonna have to get my hands on a raider and size that out. I've yet to find a good cylon raider for starmade
    Depending on what kind of scale you're looking for, I think I've got just the thing, though I'd have to see which one is the latest version. Almost easier to find the shell, and you could fill it as ya see fit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Regardless, has anyone seen any better results for getting past AMS using vertical launch missiles?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Some of my experiments have shown that if you make a square of missiles. EG split them into four parts, up, down, left, right it splits the AMS and more get through.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That's more or less what I was thinking, constantly bombard the target head on with the hail of dumb fires, while the heavy hitters swing wide and arc around while the AMS is busy dealing with the storm in its face

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Alternatively, fire decoys off to the sides, once their turrets lock those (should be immediately) launch actual weapons forwards, at close range. If the decoys are tracking beam missiles that arc around, they both get targeted first (they were the first available) and will at some point in their arc make for very difficult targets.

Personally, I'm not relying exclusively on missiles in any scenario, really. My intention when I need to overwhelm point defense is actually to identify the point defense and then knock it out with cannon fire before using the high-powered missile systems.
    I've been trying to achieve decent AMS coverage on my ships, my bombers even have four AMS turrets on each of them, standard frigate drones have one, drone carrier has twelve (It's only a frigate) and corvette gunship could fit up to... 18. If I remove the weapons turrets and opt for onboard systems, but otherwise just two.