Planned Option for where to first spawn

Reaction score
    There's a few blocks you need to do anything. I made a copy of the game a while back and set it up as hardcore as I could. You can craft most early game stuff no problem, but not everything. I ended up having to spawn in some power capacitors because I set no shops to spawn in the universe, so after throwing away my starting inventory I had no way to continue. If I recall the problem was that I couldn't put enough power into the factory(with the power gun) to craft anything, and you can't craft power capacitors without a working factory.

It certainly was fun starting out on a planet though. Spaceflight was something I had to work towards, it wasn't just handed to me in the form of free credits and a shop with everything.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But then there needs to be a way to create tools - from stone-age tech to space age :p

Reaction score
    But then there needs to be a way to create tools - from stone-age tech to space age :p
    Maybe this was a joke, but it would be a neat idea in reality also; just can't think of how easy or difficult it would be to implement in this game.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Would be cool to have an option for spawning on a planet with absolutely nothing when starting a new game.
    Being able to select areas or neutral areas of factions to spawn from would be cool. It would be great to see factions have an area for new players to spawn into and help. Especially to try and recruit.

Reaction score
    As long as you have a power supply beam you're pretty much good to go equipment wise, so starting on a planet wouldn't be that bad.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don't see why you couldn't feasibly crafts personal weapons and tools, when you're already crafting anti-matter cannons and transporters.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't see why you couldn't feasibly crafts personal weapons and tools, when you're already crafting anti-matter cannons and transporters.
    From scratch. Why are peoples always refusing to read the context before?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    From scratch. Why are peoples always refusing to read the context before?
    Sorry, I assumed you would still have your suit, with its ability to create a basic factory. I wouldn't want to start off wearing a loin cloth and somehow crafting a rifle with nothing but sticks and rocks...:p

Reaction score
    There's a few blocks you need to do anything. I made a copy of the game a while back and set it up as hardcore as I could. You can craft most early game stuff no problem, but not everything. I ended up having to spawn in some power capacitors because I set no shops to spawn in the universe, so after throwing away my starting inventory I had no way to continue. If I recall the problem was that I couldn't put enough power into the factory(with the power gun) to craft anything, and you can't craft power capacitors without a working factory.

It certainly was fun starting out on a planet though. Spaceflight was something I had to work towards, it wasn't just handed to me in the form of free credits and a shop with everything.
    How did you set your game up like that? Because if I recall correctly, the power gun is indeed able to feed power to a factory for initially getting started... think it was even demonstrated in a tutorial somewhere, although my memory is a bit hazy. It would be really neat to at least try a setup like that.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    How did you set your game up like that? Because if I recall correctly, the power gun is indeed able to feed power to a factory for initially getting started... think it was even demonstrated in a tutorial somewhere, although my memory is a bit hazy. It would be really neat to at least try a setup like that.
    The problem was, that planets didn't have any inert powerstorage. So the power from the power gun ended up nowhere.

Reaction score
    The problem was, that planets didn't have any inert powerstorage. So the power from the power gun ended up nowhere.
    I'm certain you know, but just to clarify, they do have now, and it's configurable in customBlockBehaviorConfig.xml:
    XML:
    <BlockBehavior>
      <General>
        <BasicValues>   
          <PlanetPowerBaseCapacity>500</PlanetPowerBaseCapacity>
          <AsteroidPowerBaseCapacity>500</AsteroidPowerBaseCapacity>
        </BasicValues>
      </General>
    </BlockBehavior>
    So all you really need is the power supply beam; unless you lose that, you can get started with next to nothing.
    <brokenrecord>Now if only someone could take a look at that code=xml stylesheet...</brokenrecord>