Optimization of galaxy map

Reaction score
    Hi!
    When I open the galaxy map (and have only one galaxy rendered) and have no faction territories visible I have good fps. HOWEVER, when lots of faction make claims and their territories are visible, the fps decrease is similar to that of a 100k+ mass ship.

I do not understand why this is the case. If I turn off territories fps is good again. But if on fps goes way down.

The reason I find this strange is because territories on the map are just cubes - like a block. On a populated server the galaxy map has perhaps about a hundred or so claimed systems. A hundred blocks in starmade has an almost negligible decrease to fps.

This makes me suspect that the galaxy map is very unoptimzed. I would be appreciate this a lot, because navigating through lots of systems is very annoying when your fps is divided by 4.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    First off, Hi as well!
    I have that same problem, now I'm no IT guy, but I would guess it is caused by having to draw so many different colors up on screen at the same time. Seems graphically intensive. I have to turn off the faction territories just to be able to find my way around the map close up. Looks cool from a distance though.

Reaction score
    I would suggest lowering as many graphic settings as possible as it sounds like your computer isnt on the powerful side, also have you guys tried setting the unimap to faction simplified so it will be mostly 1 colour? Not sure if it would help.