Open Letter to Lazarus Imperium Refugees V2

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Why not use his account and not an alt. It doesn't make sense.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Furb, that was the wrong call there. You had the authority and the opportunity to clarify things, now you only added to the speculations, flaming and toxicity. Any proof, good or bad, is better than being left in the unknown.
    Not knowing that is an odd excuse to let one's common decency drop on an online forum. I'm sorry you feel that way but I make it a very clear point (at least to myself) to never dabble in faction politics and it's associated interpersonal... Thingies. At least not on the forums. It's got a bit of a bad track record, you see.
    How about this as an unprecedented alternative: Howdy ridik_ulass , care to clarify a few things for us?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Furb, that was the wrong call there. You had the authority and the opportunity to clarify things, now you only added to the speculations, flaming and toxicity. Any proof, good or bad, is better than being left in the unknown.
    Its not within his rights as a moderator on the forum to go around saying who is who.

Reaction score
    I don't use alts, never have used alts, and have no need to use alts, I as matt bradock said, say what I need to say and stand by it, always have done.

2: That alt is confirmed to be Ridik

But considering people are confirming that I am this "order/chaos" person, I would like to see this evidence where does this confirmation come from? or is this all some propaganda campaign to drag my name through the dirt?

@MrFURB can you confirm whether or not there has been any shared account activity between me and OP, in of course any capacity for which I am permitted to allow you to do so, if at all you even can.

I can however discern motive for Azeriah and The Thryn, to sully my name, so the question becomes do these accusation originate in a heart of ignorance or malice?

Reactions: Keptick and Zyrr

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    But considering people are confirming that I am this "order/chaos" person, I would like to see this evidence where does this confirmation come from? or is this all some propaganda campaign to drag my name through the dirt?
    Perhaps I misused the word "confirmed", but it very much appeared to be you considering the timeframe in which it appeared and the authority with which it spoke in the chat earlier when one of your banned subordinates came into chat earlier today to cause problems.

FURB was present at the time, and requested that you speak to him via Skype, under the impression that it was you as well, though I cannot guarantee that he had actually checked IP addresses.

Reaction score
    in fairness furb thought it was me too, so I won't hold it entirely against you.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I don't think the moderators are about to give you a list of that account's IP addresses due to NDA, but if you somehow get your hands on them, throttle them for me, will you? If they aren't one of your alt accounts, then there's someone trying to stir shit up, and I don't think any of us have time for that.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    All Ridik has to do to really clear up this b8 fest is to condone this action. It's already been issued flaming I...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm sorry you feel that way but I make it a very clear point (at least to myself) to never dabble in faction politics and it's associated interpersonal... Thingies.
    Thingies :D
    Idk, personally I thought the op was funny ~shrugs~

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, the OP was funny.

A lot of weirdness has happened with alt accounts recently. Ignoring alts will bite you in the ass, but assuming alts is just as bad. At the moment, I have a conversation with Duke open that contains SMD's log of all of the IP addresses I have used with SMD, in addition to all of my alt accounts. If anyone wishes to join this contact, simply PM me requesting to join it and I will add you. Hopefully others follow suit with this, to allow us to be more transparent.

Reactions: katCrusader

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Using and abusing alts is something we can't blame on the devs, it's completely the players' fault and caused more harm to the community than any possible ingame bug or imbalance, regardless of which side used it (because everyone did, let's not be hypocrites here).

It's time to realise and admit this, and stop the practice or we might turn into the EVE community, and those who played it long enough, know what I mean.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thingies :D
    Idk, personally I thought the op was funny ~shrugs~
    I did too, I don't get why people are getting so butthurt concerned about it.... Taking it seriously is playing right into the OP's hands, which is the opposite of what the concerned people should do.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't know about this alt thing.
    Personally I hate it, it allows you to "Speak your mind" and stir up peoples feelings, but also avoid all ill will directed at you.

You can effectively create another persona (some are good, some are really bad/obvious) that has the potential to sound like the complete opposite of your main and spread hate and distrust.

I remember just a few weeks ago when I reported Osu for being an alt of Relc, and got a letter the next day saying basically "thank you for the report, we are aware of that, but alts are permitted, so report is dismissed".
    I didn't like that, and it seems to have opened up SMD to a "new era" of hate posts and baiting.

Also, if you want to get technical, this is and alt to my old OLD account Leroy_Jenkins22 (i think that is how I spelt it then) that I made back in 2013, but lost my Starmade and loads of other stuff when my Windows was corrupted the first time. Lost an email because I didn't update any of the identity information since high school and lots of other accounts when I forgot the passwords and couldn't reset them.

Made this account at the end of 2014 (or was it the beginning of 2015? I don't remember) and was into magic at the time, and had recently made an artifact deck and unwrapped a certain legendary creature... blarg.
    What I am trying to get at is, that's how you should use an "alt". Not to dilute conversation and ruin a good conversation. (or to start a firestorm in the first place.)

If your going to say something, say it yourself. State your points, cite your sources, stick with your words - don't shove them in someone else's mouth because you are worried about the backlash, your faction members will stick up for you, and you should stick up for them too (okay not always relevant/applicable). And if you are tying to cause a stir, maybe take a step back and think about why you feel the need to do it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I don't know about this alt thing.
    Personally I hate it, it allows you to "Speak your mind" and stir up peoples feelings, but also avoid all ill will directed at you.

You can effectively create another persona (some are good, some are really bad/obvious) that has the potential to sound like the complete opposite of your main and spread hate and distrust.

I remember just a few weeks ago when I reported Osu for being an alt of Relc, and got a letter the next day saying basically "thank you for the report, we are aware of that, but alts are permitted, so report is dismissed".
    I didn't like that, and it seems to have opened up SMD to a "new era" of hate posts and baiting.

Also, if you want to get technical, this is and alt to my old OLD account Leroy_Jenkins22 (i think that is how I spelt it then) that I made back in 2013, but lost my Starmade and loads of other stuff when my Windows was corrupted the first time. Lost an email because I didn't update any of the identity information since high school and lots of other accounts when I forgot the passwords and couldn't reset them.

Made this account at the end of 2014 (or was it the beginning of 2015? I don't remember) and was into magic at the time, and had recently made an artifact deck and unwrapped a certain legendary creature... blarg.
    What I am trying to get at is, that's how you should use an "alt". Not to dilute conversation and ruin a good conversation. (or to start a firestorm in the first place.)

If your going to say something, say it yourself. State your points, cite your sources, stick with your words - don't shove them in someone else's mouth because you are worried about the backlash, your faction members will stick up for you, and you should stick up for them too (okay not always relevant/applicable). And if you are tying to cause a stir, maybe take a step back and think about why you feel the need to do it.
    We all know why ALTs can be a bad thing, but that is no reason to ban them. Someone should feel free to say what they want however they want as long as it follows the rules. Most ALTs are easy to spot by the moderation staff anyway.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    There is no rule against alts. There used to be, but everything that an alt could have done that would have caused problems was against the rules anyway. If an alt breaks the rules the punishments apply to all accounts.