Only one vendor in the universe?

Reaction score
    Do other stations exist that have a vendor, or is the one at your spawn point the only one? The vendor in my game has disappeared long ago; probably killed by a bug. Now I can't buy crew members.

Reaction score
    it depends on your server, extra shops can be set to spawn at different rates. If it is your own personal server you can change the server.cfg file on this line:

SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY = 0.001 //(must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no shops spawned in asteroid sectors, 1 is shop spawned in everyone (default: 8% -> 0.08)

now my shops are set to .1% but you could make it whatever you want but be careful because 1.0 means 100% and you end up with more shop than Santa has ribbons

If it is someone else who runs the server then... You could be out of luck if the set it to 0.

Reaction score
    I don't think that's the problem. There are lots of shops in my universe, but there was only one vendor. By "vendor", I mean that NPC who walks around inside the glass enclosure of the shop at 2,2,2. That NPC has disappeared.
    My question is: can he either be respawned, or could I find another such NPC in a different shop? All the other shops I have visited (several dozens) have no such glass enclosure. Is the one at 2,2,2 the only of its kind, or are there others?

FMK

Reaction score
    I don't think that's the problem. There are lots of shops in my universe, but there was only one vendor. By "vendor", I mean that NPC who walks around inside the glass enclosure of the shop at 2,2,2. That NPC has disappeared.
    My question is: can he either be respawned, or could I find another such NPC in a different shop? All the other shops I have visited (several dozens) have no such glass enclosure. Is the one at 2,2,2 the only of its kind, or are there others?
    They're just considerably rarer than normal shops, but it is possible for other shops to generate with the NPC that sells crew.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can kill him. Maybe he was shot to death or hit by a missile or something

Reaction score
    I started a new game, spawned in a shop with a glass enclosure, but there was no vendor. Did I unknowingly do something to my cfg file that disables vendors?