Fixed On the Wiki; adjust the CSS for mobile to allow users to scroll down further.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IE 11 and mobile platforms seem to occasionally have issues scrolling to the bottom of the wiki pages.

After digging around a bit with the built in dev tools in chrome, the culprit appears to be in the CSS setting for @media scrren html, overflow:hidden. Turning that off fixed the problem.

(If you do not want to go near IE, you can see the same problem when using the Chrome Developer tools and setting your device to a phone.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Same problem here, IE11. This needs fixing as IE is a large % of the browse market.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Safari OS X Mavericks​

Google Chrome Windows 8.1

Mozilla Firefox Windows 8.1

Mozilla Firefox Mavericks
    (Both bars appear on Windows 8.1 Firefox when minimized enough)

Internet Explorer 11 Windows 8.1

What have we learnt from this?

Whatever you do, never, ever use Internet Explorer.
    IE is a large % of the browse market
    IE isn't a large % , a minority use it. We don't support Internet Explorer, I highly suggest using another one. Microsoft Edge is supported if you insist on using Microsoft products to browse the internet.

mobile platforms
    Which mobile platforms?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    IE isn't a large % , a minority use it. We don't support Internet Explorer, I highly suggest using another one. Microsoft Edge is supported if you insist on using Microsoft products to browse the internet.
    Too bad, I'd have figured 11%-46% would be significant.
    NetMarketShare
    StatCounter
    Wikimedia Traffic

Sadly I don't use Edge for the same reason I don't use Chrome. Oh well, haven't used the Wiki since it changed, I can likely survive it's inaccessibility.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This reddit thread was a few people encountering mobile issues. I'm not sure what they were using.
    Does anyone else have a lot of trouble viewing Starmadepedia on mobile? Also, item pages in game don't show everything? • /r/Starmade

That combined with my experience using IE, which, although in the minority, is still required in some situations drove me to post this.

Testing the wiki using the dev tools built into Chrome, and setting the devices options to iPad and a few others showed that at least in emulation, they are failing to scroll. I only have an android phone, and the default browser worked with it.

From messing around with the dev tools, another option would be to change it from overflow:hidden to overflow:scroll.

If I had the option to flag this as a suggestion instead of a bug, I would have....

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Too bad, I'd have figured 11%-46% would be significant.
    NetMarketShare
    StatCounter
    Wikimedia Traffic
    I could also show you stats that show it's much lower than that...

Our very own stats show IE being used from 3.8% to 4.5% across our sites. Gaming communities stats are also very different to worldwide browser usage. We're not going to fall back to 2008 to support an outdated browser. The reason why there are so many issues with IE on the wiki is due to adding mobile support, which IE doesn't seem very friendly to.

This reddit thread was a few people encountering mobile issues. I'm not sure what they were using.
    I've just tested a wide range of mobile devices using their default browsers on the wiki, I can't come accross the scrolling issue. However, I have added in the suggestion you mentioned. It will fix scrolling on IE, I'll have to wait for feedback to know if it worked on those mobile devices.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    However, I have added in the suggestion you mentioned. It will fix scrolling on IE, I'll have to wait for feedback to know if it worked on those mobile devices.
    Thank you. I know dealing with compatibility across platforms is a nebulous pain in the wazoo. You have my empathy for that.