On Missiles and Shields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My logic is this:

large objects can have massive shields,

unguided missiles can't hit much of anything except large objects,

therefore unguided missiles should be designed as a capitol ship/ station destroyer,

but to effect these large objects missiles need to seriously damage shields.

Thus unguided missiles should damage shields.

At the moment every kind of missile can make an equally big crater in an object. Unless something is done to create pros and cons for every missile type unguided missiles are utterly useless.

Since shields already have a small effect on shields this should not be hard to implement, since it is a simple matter of modifying a few damage variables.

A lot of the research from this topic came from the Starmade wiki so I realize that the information I'm using might be outdated.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    missiles already do damage shields. The thing is, they\'re usually not used in large enough numbers to cause meaningful damage to a ship. On certain servers where shields are harder to come by, missile impacts will take a noticeable chunk out of your shields.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I heard somewhere that dumbs do double damage and fly twice as fast, but it isn\'t displayed in stats. Heat-seakers target a lot faster.

The big problem I see is, that big ships will core-drill in 5 seconds instead of 10..20.

With this http://star-made.org/content/redo-weapon-stat-formula-all-weapons-generic-balance

You could make bombs with 50 range twice as strong as \"long-range bombs\" with 100 range. Basic stats matter more if you want a weapons which decreases the minimal values.

The only question is: How much should a Player be worth, compared to an AI ship or checker-board weapon spam?