Offline Ship Editor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That should be fixed now.

Oh, there is also an Edit -> Report that will give stats for your ship, including exactly where the core is (and if, for some reason, there is more than one). That might help debug problems in the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    could you help me I do not know what to do after it asks for my directory, I type it in then i press done and nothing happens. I tried this many times

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What is it you want to do?

If you want to edit something, do File -> Open and it will list all the blueprints and entities on your system. Left click and drag to rotate your ship. Right click and drag to paint. Mouse wheel (windows) or two finger drag (Mac) to zoom in and out.

Other than that, explore the menus.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the game, the core is still not aligned after a rotation....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    File-> open what is that? when i try to open my blueprint nothing happens and what do i do!?!?!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Redownloaded the files, still getting the same issues. The core appears to be \'outside\' the ship, even though the actual block is there. Can\'t move the ship at all, and this is only after using the rotator tool exclusively.

Heres an image if it helps.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I have renamed Hope. I first built it backwards, and your program could not save it. I restarted from scratch, and had it corrupted due to a server crash. A 10 x 10 x 10 section around, and including, the core, was gone.

I just tried it again with the old, backwards ship save. Annnd it worked this time, with a few wrinkles. But the majority of the ship is in the right place. :D Thanks for making this program!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you a Mac user? It sounds like you\'ve never used a menu before.

On a Mac the menus for the program will appear on top of the window frame (like a PC) not on top of the screen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hold out for 30 minutes. I believe I have this fixed now. :) Just confirming the fix works for the BSG file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I use windows and am experinced in installing but i have never had to use a jar please help me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I use windows but i have no idea what are you talking about give me picures please i am a more visual person.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hopefully you didn\'t save over it.

What I see here is that you might have rotated the wrong axis.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do still have the original, backwards version. I\'ve tried rotating it in every direction, and I essentially get the same result each time, the core just being in a different spot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK. I think the core stays in the right place now when rotated. Had to use 4 dimensional positional vectors instead of 3 dimensional ones. Otherwise it wouldn\'t pick up the translate part of the transformation matrix. Stupid 3d math mistake.

Additionally there is a View -> Axis which will now display an axis over your ship, centered on 8,8,8. That helped me work out what was going wrong. Someone asked for that feature anyway. Helps keep straight which way is front. As with select, +x = bright red, -x = dim red, y = green, z = blue.

I don\'t think I\'ve fixed the problem with very large models. I\'ve been cruising around a 1000m Galactica. The bits that are there are freaking impressive. But the bits missing are embarassing. It also slows my machine to a crawl!

Let me know of bugs... (AND DOWNLOAD OR BUY MY BOOK IF IT WORKS FOR YOU! :) I\'ve sold 7 copies. I need about 60 to get the Lego Minecraft Kit for ?.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    what my problem is is that THE PROGRAM wont open after i put it my directory it just does nothing!!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    File -> Open means click the File menu, then click the Open menu. The same you would do for 90% of Windows programs. It\'s pretty standard nomenclature. I\'m surprised you haven\'t come across it before.

Reaction score
    You are playing with my baby... I am glad you like the model. Now you know why I am trying so hard on that one.

The source for it is the full size at 1446.23m but with the limitations of the binvox on windows, it comes down to 1024 ~

I have to set up another Linux box to get it full size, I will worry about that when it works. Then I will do the rest of the fleet. I have to give the creds for the guy that made the source too.

It is an impressive build. I have others with out all the detailed ribs and stuff, less load. Now you see why when I try to import the full Obj file it uses over 12GB of ram...

I have been working on it tonight, and I cannot get it to go. and loading the BP back into the tool it has different issues and clipping, but I am sure you have seen that.

Let me know if you need anything other than what I have sent you. Also do you have a PayPal or something other than the book? Email me if so.

*edit

NM I see what I can do.