Official Texture thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Purple vines is now blue sky... I dont like the new rocks, i can see the lines arround each block when i check them from far away. The light with grey border doesnt fit with anything except grey hull, i did prefer the old full flashy lights. I like the new ores and lava colors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wanted to post my own thread, since I will have loads of other stuff eventually... but there is no \"modding\" seciton of the forums yet for texture packs and custom XML files.

So, I\'ll post here for now.

I expect to have this pack finished very soon, hopefully in the coming days. I will update this very same link, so the latest version will always be here. I am designing the pack based on the vanilla textures, just in higher definition, and with some of my own touches and style.

Let me know what you think, and peace.

~TheSol

Reaction score
    This is awsome. I cant wiat to see the finished product. You have talent.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey!! I have som feedback on the corner textures. I used them on my ship and i found out that they dont blend in with tje rest of the textures. It looks like the texture is upsode down or something. So i wondered if you could try to make the cprners looklike am exyension to the rest of the hulls?

Hope you understand what i mean (lol xD) Other than that i Really like the textures! :)

Ohh btw the corners i am referring to is the grey hardened ones. I dont know if it applies to the normal hulls too or maybe other colours.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you talking to me or someone else?

The corner texture is picked by the game, and it uses the exact same texture as the hull plating. There is no separate texture for corners, so it\'s the way the game is wrapping the corner block around the geometry. There\'s nothing I can do about it, sadly.

I will be slowly finishing this pack off, but I have a super project battlecruiser to work on for the next day or two. Expect texture pack update probably this weekend.

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    innocent flowers post at the top of the page summerises what ive been thinking quite well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Brilliant post, i agree with everything there except for the unique star system, it would make it easier to navigate but having large structures or intergalactic objects e.g..: stars, dwarf plants(small planets, not large discs), super novas, nebulas, home base of pirates(?), comets, black holes, asteroid belts, etc. visible from anywhere would not only have more things to explore, but have landmarks to help navigation, i do like your ideas, but they would almost certainly drop frame rates, and if it was disabled it would, as you said, make black hull invisible.

Reaction score
    AMCs, Salvage Cannons, thrusters, and Astrotechnobeams all look terrible right now. The side texture is really the worst, but the end texture on them is still rather bad. Thrusters are probably the worst for it because they have a terrible dull color. Thrusters shouldn\'t be recolors of the beam weapons. They\'re too different in purpose. Thrusters would look way cooler and look like actual thrusters if they glowed (possibly with a trail) while in use.

Normal hull looks like crap from a scrapyard while hardened looks...too fancy. There really needs to be either three types of hull (hardened becoming standard, current standard becoming scrap, and a new hull that is harder to get with the current texture of hardened) or the normal hull needs to look cleaner and symmetrical.

Glass looks ugly like default Minecraft glass (segmented, large protuding light grey diagonal spots), but even worse because of the blue tint. Glass needs a major overhaul in both texture and the lighting engine. Also, I agree with an earlier post asking for connected glass textures like Minecraft\'s Optifine mod has.

Controller blocks share ugly textures on most of their sides. This can cause severe confusion depending on block placement as it can be hard to differentiate a gravity unit from a weapons controller based on the one side that\'s really really ugly. It can be a real hassle in smaller ships where you don\'t get the luxury of a block having multiple sides exposed.

Cockpit looks weird. Not terribly ugly, but weird.

There should be orange hull as well as or instead of brown. Red hull\'s just a bit too bright (come to think of it, so is blue, green, and black). White and gray need to be easier to distinguish, and white needs something to stop being blinding.

Shield dispersers shouldn\'t be retextures of ship cores/build blocks/faction modules/docking modules. They\'re too different in purpose. Faction modules shouldn\'t look the same as ship cores and their UI texture needs updating.

Also, a 64x64 version of the default would be great.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    In my opinion, yes thrusters should look a bit more different but I currently like the yellowish color thats been given to them. Engine trails would be DOPE. I doubt that the dev is going to create a new block solely for the purpose of having 3 seperate textures for hull armor. Connected textures is probably the least of their concerns as well and the pre-generated stations would hardly be using the feature because so much of the dome is, well curved. I wouldnt be surprised if they add more colors for hull. As for things that share the same texture, most of the textures have already been re-done multiple times because of user complaints. They expect this single person to create exactly what they want when textures are probably the least of their concerns. Not to mention theres plenty of people who ahve alread started their own packs including ones that are higher resolution.

Reaction score
    I think planet terrain textures should get a revisit, I really liked them the way they were before, having completely different visual themes that are visible from afar, but now, they all are like recolors of the same texture and blur to a solid color very quickly. For example at any significant distance purple rock and vines just look like different shades of purple and look really bad from a distance when the pixels blur into one smooth texture. The new concept for how ores are made though is a great improvment on the bright colored speckled rocks from before.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    the AI module like Hall its amasing idea. great job. :) i love it.

Reaction score
    Here is the link to my 2 texture packs

http://star-made.org/content/texture-pack-0#comment-35664

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    can I make a modified custom texture packs for star made? I want to have a little fun with graphics. make them themed so people will know which texture pack they want to play with. in minecraft there are tons of texture packs, the reason I\'m asking is I need the practice for making graphics. is that ok?

Reaction score
    While some texture designs look nice individually, they might not look well as the same texture is repeated over and over in a large ship design, making them look more like tiles than tough, strong, metal plates. Try to avoid making edges on the block textures.

Reaction score
    Can I change the default \"space\" background image? I got some from other games that have nebulas and stuff and they look great.