Obi's Large Rant (This is for you mods)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    READ THIS BEFORE LOCKING, PLEASE!

Hello again!

Now, this thread is gonna be either locked, deleted, remove me from my StarMade account, ban me from my StarMade account, or it may actually resolve this conflict I have with [some of] the community (I highly doubt that though since people are often stubborn) and may result in yet another famous and unwanted flame war. This thread is mainly directed to the mods so I may have my chat back, which I asked to be banned from and now I can't ask it back. I'll talk about this later. Let's start off with the main thing to back me up: the StarMade Forum Rules.

I find that some mods are not actually following them and more or less ignoring them instead of jumping in and stopping the situation. The best example (of course) is StarMade chat. Every time I went on there, boom. "Why are you here again?" "Shut up obi gtfo" "No one likes you obi". Let's see, erm, looking at the rules here. Rule #3:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- No harassment -

Repeatedly bothering or annoying other players and thereby negatively impacting their experience on this forum will get you a warning and may result in a ban if one persists after being warned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm, now that's a bit sketchy. Instead of banning me, wouldn't you ban those who actually abused that rule first? Ya know, I'm not the source of all problems and their faults. Sure I'm annoying, but I'm not breaking any rules until I respond to a harassment, am I? Oh, and let's not forget Rule #4:

- No cursing or other offensive language -

Racism, heavy cursing or other offensive language serves no purpose but to degrade other players or their work, hence, please refrain from doing so. Failure to comply with this rule may result in your comments/topics being removed and you getting a warning.

This one makes me laugh. I see this stuff all the time, even when I'm not involved on chat! And there are posts that have indeed broken these rules, and about half of those have not, I repeat have not been removed and warning those who posted it. This leads me on to my next rant involving Rule #1:

- No spamming of any kind -

Repeatedly posting the same content in any shape or form is not allowed, repeating yourself for more attention or simple trolling is unnecessary and disruptive to the communication of other players.

I would like to use my page as an example. If you take a look at comments #949-#1047 here: http://star-made.org/content/rebel-alliance-wants-you. Now this is not only breaking Rule #1, but Rule #3 and Rule #4 are being abused as well. I have made and still stick to this deal with WarSong that if my page turns into a flame war it will have to be locked and I will have to create a new one. Now, 42828 (a.k.a. Bradley or "The One who Ruined his Own Reputation") is spamming all over it just so I can get mad and have to make a new page (*cough* Rule #1 *cough*).

Ok, now we can move on to me not using chat. This I think is kinda stupid actually. So yea, I (and those insulting me) have cause trouble on chat. I was getting a bit uptight dealing with all these put-downs (Rule #3) and I asked for myself to be banned from chat. I asked which doesn't mean it was a punishment. The mods argued and refused, but one (I think WarSong) pulled the trigger and banned me since no one else would. I realized after a while that contact with my allies and members was difficult. So, I asked MrFURB for my chat back. He [rudely] didn't respond. Then I had to ask WarSong who said:

"I'd suggest using an IM or IRC chat system of your own. We've already seen Star-made.org chat is just not for you. For your own sake and the sanity of admins and mods I respectfully deny your request. Further communications on this subject to myself or other members of the administration or moderation teams is barred. If you have any other issues please feel free to contact me any time.
    -WarSong"

Um... I can't really take this "respectfully" if I'm willing to actually not cause trouble. And this thread may end up being locked because this subject is "barred". Fine, lock it. But at least read it!

I've gone through a tough time in real life which has been affecting my additude on the forums. I've been sick. My grandmother is near death. I have many things spinning around my head and knocking me down like stones. These remarks, threats, insults, and actions involving the StarMade community is like the cherry to my ice cream of stress. So, here is my final request: I would appreciate it if chat was back, and I am treated fairly like all others involved in the community. And if there is a situation where there is a public argument, that not only I but both me and the other are punished equally. This is not whining, this is complaining. This game is great. I absolutely love it. I only want to be included in the community like everyone else.

Well, if you got down this far, you either read the whole thing, skimmed it, or just scrolled down to the bottom. Please read the paragraph above this one before commenting, locking, whatever.

~ObiShawnKenobi, Grand Admiral of the Rebel Alliance

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ObiShawn, I\'m going to put this bluntly because you took the time and effort to make this post.

You clearly have some sort of social interaction disorder. I\'m not trying to insult you right now. I\'m going to list off all of your offenses. You\'ve made up lies so people would pay attention to you (the hacker, among others). You\'ve escalated conflicts to the point that forum mods had to become involved (Vaygr War). You\'ve shown absolute and utter disrespect to anyone who will not pander to you and praise you for existing. Hell, you even made a post claiming about how you were LEAVING FOREVER but you never actually left. You go about praising your own faction on a golden pedestal when in reality it\'s so disconnected from the mainstream faction environment it should be referred to as a server.

Every time I\'ve seen you in chat, you\'ve been complaining about people\'s constant disrespect towards you and asking people why they were so mean. Meanwhile, everyone else would be talking about dolphins or ships or the new update. The moment ANYONE paid you the slightest bit of attention you would explode, derailing the conversation and focussing it on (surprise surprise) yourself.

You\'ve proven yourself unfit for interaction on this forum. I\'m legitimately surprised your account has not been permanently banned yet.

Edit: Furthermore, if you\'re going through a tough time in your life, and this site is causing you undue stress and grief, do the smart thing and DON\'T COME HERE. This is the internet. You can leave anytime.

Reaction score
    His point is proven by your post comrade. Yours as well kros. All I can say is just ignore him if you hate him that much, but as for me, I think I\'ll stick with my friends.

Reaction score
    The one reason i have given you shit, is because i took so much for you, and then you turn around and betray me, and tell me i am not trusted.

After all i did for you, that hurt pretty bad.

And About chat,

You cause chat to effectively shut down whenever you used to come on, you always self pitied, whined and generally caused trouble.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    We put those up so players couldn\'t say that they weren\'t informed after punishment.

The rules you name are mostly there for us to quote if the situation requires it, not specifically something we enforce to the letter concerning small matters. Tho if we receive any legitimate complaint whatsoever, we will act on it.

Next, if you have an issue with how someone acts on your thread, you inform one of us and we\'ll look at it. No need to go into a flamewar, if someone does keep pushing, we\'ll take care of it.

Concerning your chat ban I couldn\'t say tho, I wasn\'t the one who banned you, and I\'m not overruling anyone\'s actions without knowing the exact reasoning from both sides.

Reaction score
    No wonder nobody else is your friend, if you take lessons from obi on how to talk in chat..

EDIT: I have since realized that actually, this was out of place, and i apologize for doing so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Surprised this isn\'t locked yet.

So it is still and always will be no for chat? Charming.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I just know that you, Obi, have a rather bad reputation on here.

So all I\'m gonna say is there are two sides to every story.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For you coming back to chat, it is indeed a no.

Yes, other people did indeed harass you. If my memory does not fail me, we did handle that for the longest while. Then, you started to intentionally cause drama in chat, leading up to you eventually getting banned.

Donut already pretty much already hit the nail on the head, so I am not going to go into a counter-rant.

Reaction score
    Nice try at getting your member Angelo into the DFN, because that is a real cowardly move, and before you say he left, you forgot i can see the Reb site, and he hasnt left.

Reaction score
    Not as if having me, your enemy, inside it would at all make it a target.

Reaction score
    There certainly is. Back when the rebel alliance was the biggest faction and the DFN was just starting out, I was there and obi was a great guy then. He still is. There are plenty of hardened veterans that will say the same and just as many, veterans and newbies alike, who will say otherwise.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, as if. As an outside observer, I don\'t see you doing much damage to the RA, nor any way to reduce you ability to do so. As such, your status as enemy can\'t be seen as anything but a political label that\'s pointless to act on.

Reaction score
    I dont do much, that much is true, but you might aswell say i got declared \"An enemy of the state\"

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, but again, actually acting on this would just be a quest to be as much of nuisance as possible to you, and to the best of my knowledge, the RA is still above that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Seriously? Trying to put a spy into the DFN to keep an eye on Kros? You are going waaaaay too far man.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This thread is exactly the kind of thing the educated, reasonable people on this site should avoid major involvement with. The Mods have already spoken, so just leave it alone. Don\'t bash on Obi, and Obi, don\'t bash on others. If you absolutely have to argue and bicker, do it in a private chat, or on some other forum. Just leave it alone and resume being civil. That is all I have to say on this.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seriously, mates? You\'re having full out clan wars on an ALPHA GAME ABOUT BUILDING SPACESHIPS!?

Obi, my suggestion to you is to change names, or make an alternate account, if it\'s allowed, and continue playing from there. Let people forget the **** that was thrown, and try to go back to playing as intended by the game. That\'s what I did when I gained a lot of haters back on Star Wars Galaxies. I merely changed names and hid, and eventually the people who hated me saw me for who I am.