NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    I thought this ship was amazing before the rail update, but now....man...looking forward to new version.
    Video ending was disappointing! Needs a demonstration of how effective she is at lighting stuff up! ;)

Before I learned /destroy_entity_dock she was my "quicker-cleaner-upper"

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, now you will have to do videos. Its quite a nice change to see a video showing quality content from start to finish.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thank you all, i wanted to show some action but the AI fights with turrets are just gruesome to watch, we definitely need some more optimization on that end.

does that mean i have to do a second one?
    only if you want, just if you do, I will know.

Reaction score
    Hi!

Small little update:
    I am still in the process of refitting old ships:

as soon as a patch hits that fixes that spawning in problem i will upload them.

That big ship problem brought me back to building smaller ships and turrets though:

A corvette/heavy fighter

light fighters/drones

All in all i have a lot of different turret designs and rail ideas and a few of those are actually not that bad.

Reaction score
    Hi!

Small little update:
    I am still in the process of refitting old ships:

as soon as a patch hits that fixes that spawning in problem i will upload them.

That big ship problem brought me back to building smaller ships and turrets though:

A corvette/heavy fighter

light fighters/drones

All in all i have a lot of different turret designs and rail ideas and a few of those are actually not that bad.
    Good to see the Aurora getting a refit.
    Love those new fighters, they have a lot more character than your old ones.

Reaction score
    Good to see the Aurora getting a refit.
    Love those new fighters, they have a lot more character than your old ones.
    Well, as the old ones have served for way more than a year they definitely needed some replacement :)

This is the actual production model:

for drones i settled on a sentry drone design (EVE like)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It's fun to watch a master at work. I'm looking forward to the little ships being posted, too, they look really nice.

Reaction score
    It's fun to watch a master at work. I'm looking forward to the little ships being posted, too, they look really nice.
    the biggest problem is that i have to find a name for those if i want to upload them, that is why i usually pair small ships with cruisers :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about naming the fighter "Manta" or "Stingray", and the sentry drone "Sentinel"?
    Yes i know, pretty uninspired names, but thats the first stuff that came to my mind when looking at those two.

Reaction score
    My suggestions;
    Heavy Fighter - Mauler
    Light Fighter - Skirmisher
    Drone - Cavalryman
    Sentinel Drone - Guardsman

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I love the fighters! Had something similar in mind for my next ones, but reversed :)

Reaction score
    Hi!

Archer - siege destroyer (concept build)

I have been playing around with rails since the sentry drones worked out so well

the arms of the drone are medium ranged fixed missile launcher, the center part orients itself to the enemy so the arms can fire, this also gives an easy workaround for power capacity issues

the outer arms field anti missile turrets while the fixed missile launcher give a lot of sniping potential (very low field of fire and dps though)

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Storage-mode on drones is beautiful isn't it? Long live rails!
    Great small ships. From the look of it their stats go through the roof. I really dig how you use color for aesthetic accents instead of spamming it like many shipyards do (which would not make much sense for military craft). The stripes give the fighter a "war paint" kind of look. Best possible small-scale replacement for hull printed ship names.

Reaction score
    Hi!

As i was hiding from 30°C+ and the Sun i started (and nearly finished) a new project:

It is a light cruiser, around 11k mass and only 178m long (although it feels bigger).

With bigger ships and more complex rail builds (the siege destroyer above refuses to work as he used to) still being wonky and my fleet in need of a new ship this size building was a pretty fun.
    To test out fraps and new sound settings i also did a short video:

Reactions: Ariah and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    nice video and very good work on your ship. it is a lot of inspiration, when i see your awesome piece of art. nice job.
    is the manticore updated for the rail patch and what other ships have you updated to the real patch. I downloaded a ship got it made in when I spawned it all the turist went everywhere like a jambalaya of ship parts because they were not updated I had spent over a week gathering materials I got so mad I just disassembled it and use them for a different ship