NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    I really like the design of the Fractured space ships, especially the Reaper and the Frigate (the turret posted above was inspired by the frigate missile launchers).
    What got me hooked on Fractured Space is, that while i have played most of the ships i still can not decide what my favorite ship is, all of them are fun and can be played very effectively (well... i really suck with the assassin though)

Small intermezzo: i got something stuck in my head while building the cruiser seen above and so this little ship came to be:

Reaction score
    new ship is finished.

i really do not enjoy doing interiors, spent a long time on the interior and it is still just meh...
    The new missile turrets on the other hand work pretty well but as there is a bug where they might damage the ship i will wait with the release for the next patch.

has to be a bigger project though^^

Reaction score
    Poseidon - medium cruiser

tbh i got a little bit demotivated in the end and i am not as satisfied with it as i would like... especially as the interior and hangar turned out to be way smaller than i initially wanted them to be.
    On the other hand i am very happy with the new missile turrets and the hangar and airlock doors.
    There are also the first docked reactors i did on a release ship for a long time now, there is definitely some need for optimization.

Reaction score
    With this stupid heat wave i am pretty down right now (35°C+ ... if i could i would go tomorrow for a visit to .... island or something cold up north) so instead of doing something productive i recorded another youtube video:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been trying to refit your old Manticore Heavy Destroyer A2R8 to the rail update, the only problem is that I can't find all of the docking and turret docking enhancers. I'll be sure to upload the file here after the refit to save you some trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    I've been trying to refit your old Manticore Heavy Destroyer A2R8 to the rail update, the only problem is that I can't find all of the docking and turret docking enhancers. I'll be sure to upload the file here after the refit to save you some trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a already refittet version of the Manticore ready, but sadly, with all the recent balance changes it has massive power problems and does not work anymore :(

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I have a already refittet version of the Manticore ready, but sadly, with all the recent balance changes it has massive power problems and does not work anymore :(
    You pretty much need to reduce your amount of weapons by half, since their dps and power cost were doubled. So by reducing their size by half you get the exact same weapon as you used to AND have some space for additional shielding or whatever system you want.

Best way that I found to do this was to select weapon computers (to see where the blocks are) and going crazy with the replace tool.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I really have to keep up with the changes to this game. I keep coming to this thread though, to see NuclearFun's latest creations. Still awesome!

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You pretty much need to reduce your amount of weapons by half, since their dps and power cost were doubled. So by reducing their size by half you get the exact same weapon as you used to AND have some space for additional shielding or whatever system you want.

Best way that I found to do this was to select weapon computers (to see where the blocks are) and going crazy with the replace tool.
    In the same vein as Keptick mentions, some of your ships have thrust issues. I know that they're older ones, but ships like the Cerberus are awesome. Shield rechargers are needed also.

I've finally downloaded all of them, and loaded them into my sandbox. Awesome looks, great firepower! There are a lot of great builders in Starmade, but I think your stuff is the best combination of looks, RP usability and firepower.

Reaction score
    Hi!

In the same vein as Keptick mentions, some of your ships have thrust issues. I know that they're older ones, but ships like the Cerberus are awesome. Shield rechargers are needed also.

I've finally downloaded all of them, and loaded them into my sandbox. Awesome looks, great firepower! There are a lot of great builders in Starmade, but I think your stuff is the best combination of looks, RP usability and firepower.
    Well, most of them are pretty old, i am currently updating a few ships, but that only happens slowly. The Cerberus and a few others are a lost cause though, i built it when the thrust mechanics were very different.

Reactions: Keptick

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hi!
    Well, most of them are pretty old, i am currently updating a few ships, but that only happens slowly. The Cerberus and a few others are a lost cause though, i built it when the thrust mechanics were very different.
    Heh, you go away on holiday, and you're STILL building! Dedicated, I tell you. XD

I don't think those ships are totally lost. Because weapons changed, you could make them smaller, and still be effective. Small weapons means less power requirements. You could probably make enough room in the existing hull to get enough thrust. Though that would be some task. :(

Reaction score
    Heh, you go away on holiday, and you're STILL building! Dedicated, I tell you. XD

I don't think those ships are totally lost. Because weapons changed, you could make them smaller, and still be effective. Small weapons means less power requirements. You could probably make enough room in the existing hull to get enough thrust. Though that would be some task. :(
    Looking back i am not very happy with the cerberus anymore... i would rather update something else tbh. - or build something new :)

WIP Update "back to the roots":

I have tried to build a battleship now for quite some time (since the turret update) and i could just not get the hang of it... but this time it seems to work out.

The big main turrets

Last edited: