Nova Tuber Shipyards

Treefolk

The Clueless
    Reaction score
    I make ships and stations. To help keep myself motivated/organized/etc. I'm logging some information here on the forums. I recently partnered up with another player so there might be some extra content that I did not build/author. Anyways, ships are sorted by archetype and then by mass.

Industrial
    Bumblebee Class

Small ship project, I was looking into producing non-symmetrical ships and thought starting small would be good. Slightly inspired by Homeworld's Taiiden Scout, I intended this to be a little gunship, then I decided it would make a better baby miner. Jump capable and somewhat ponderous, flying this ship around was like watching a bumblebee visit flowers. Not the best AI miner (the AI aims one beam about 15-degrees inwards and the rest miss off into space, align your emitters with the ship core for AI mining drones), my favorite part of the ship ended up being the cockpit. This ship did inspire the Ullr class (which is still a WIP), a small ship that acts as a dedicated anti-missile drone.
    Power, Mass and Thrust
    Mass: 89.9
    Thrust: 78.3
    Power: 50,000, (14,174.8 e/s)

Defensive Systems
    Shields: 1,881 (66 s/sec)
    Hull: 36,310
    Armor: 45,825
    Point Defense Turrets: 2

Offensive Systems

n/a

Other
    Cargo: 2,900
    Salvage System: Salvage:Pulse (1:1), 9 Arrays, 162 blocks total.
    Jump Drive: 8 modules
    Link to Pictures

Brokkyr Class
    My miner of choice. Not the largest thing in the world, but fairly cheap and looks interesting. I'm not entirely satisfied with the "GIANT SPOTLIGHT" appearance, its makes it difficult to camouflage into a station like I would prefer. As a miner intended to be a feature on a station, it only has a cockpit as a detailed interior. There is a little space to allow for custom +/- 5% tweaking. Overall, it mines a serious chunk of resources per pulse (and the cooldown allows for time to reposition without wasting firing time). Probably the 8th generation of "spotlight miner" I've made (and not the largest!). Perfectly cap stable (running everything, salvager, jump drive, thrust, radar hammer drains the cap to 80% or so before it regens). This ship has really neat thruster plumes, but I need another person to take pictures of them effectively (so flag it as a WIP).

Power, Mass and Thrust
    Mass: 3,803.3
    Thrust: 5,782.7
    Power: 4,411,017.9 (574,981.6 e/sec)
    Overdrive: 50%

Defensive Systems
    Shields: 77,911 (1,782 s/sec)
    Hull: 2,696,915
    Armor: 508,250
    Ion: 60%
    Radar Jammer: 1

Offensive Systems

n/a

Other
    Cargo: 274,000
    Salvage System: Salvage:Pulse (1:1), 896 arrays, 16,128 blocks total.
    Jump Drive: 1058 modules
    Link to Pictures
    Combat
    Tyr Class (-PICTURES WIP-)
    A project I've been working on for a few weeks now (there was a massive gap between the initial concept and the final push). A heavy fighter, this ship boasts two self-powered turrets and pair of axial weapons (one main, one utility). The final push for this ship came when a new member joined the faction after a long hiatus and shared something he was excited to get back to working on and I mentioned that I had built the same nose profile before. I'm not entirely satisfied with the way the AI handles the main weapon, it sits just out of range. This leads me to wanting to refit the main weapon to make it more AI friendly. The turrets are swappable for several different versions, the pair I mounted initially are missile swarms but I have plans of a few different variants for different roles (continuous close in DPS weapons, specialized damage types, etc).
    Also WIP
    Power, Mass and Thrust
    Mass:
    Thrust:
    Power:
    Overdrive:

Defensive Systems
    Shields:
    Hull:
    Armor:
    Ion:
    Radar Jammer:

Offensive Systems

Other

Jump Drive:
    Transport
    --WIP--
    Drones

Ullr Class (-WIP-)

Inspired by the Bumblebee class, the Ullr class is a "ship" in name only. Functioning as mobile point defense, this ship features four (4) Spitfire class PDTs and is intended to function both as an installed PDT system on a base or large ship, but also as deployable missile bait. Due to the travel time missiles require, the ability to stagger point defense turrets (such that not all turrets fire at the same missile) can be important.
    Power, Mass and Thrust
    Mass:
    Thrust:
    Power:

Defensive Systems
    Shields:
    Hull:
    Armor:
    Radar Jammer:

Offensive Systems
    n/a

Other
    Station
    --WIP--
    Turret
    --WIP--

Last edited:

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Okay, gotta say that Brokkyr spotlight dock is creative. Kudos, and I hope to see more.

Treefolk

The Clueless
    Reaction score
    Well now, I was hoping that these forums wouldn't do this to me, but there's apparently an image limit of 20 per post (oops). So in light of that, each ship is going to have a link to a post. I'll keep a summary/stats in the first post and link to the post with the images (watch as the anti-double post bot trashes this plan).
    [doublepost=1493777718,1493777595][/doublepost]

Yup, RIP in thread plans...I suppose imgur albums are next up.