Nova Fleet Dynamics Build Server- Build, Play, Explore! [Whitelist]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    someone deloaded my sector when we were showing off WIPS and now the ships we are making are bugged and may not be retreived.
    Wat? 1. what actually happened? 2. what sector is this?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Nvm it was resolved and we saved our ships all is good.
    UPDATE;
    I have accidentally blown up my ship with a rocket launcher that was op at 7;17 pm Central time zone
    the ship was CARRIER BROTOTYPE created by I, MrFuz, and I would like to see if there was a save linked around 7;17 or 7;00
    I know Ive spammed with 4 posts about this and it makes no sense, but I blew up my ship on accident but made an amazing engine blueprint in the process.
    May it please be saved?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    UPDATE;
    I have accidentally blown up my ship with a rocket launcher that was op at 7;17 pm Central time zone
    the ship was CARRIER BROTOTYPE created by I, MrFuz, and I would like to see if there was a save linked around 7;17 or 7;00
    I know Ive spammed with 4 posts about this and it makes no sense, but I blew up my ship on accident but made an amazing engine blueprint in the process.
    May it please be saved?
    *if* we have a backup, it may be a few days old and take a while to get. It would mean downloading backups of the entire database from a remote server. Or you could just load a previous backup of your own if you have one and probably lose less work.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    UPDATE;
    May it please be saved?
    Stop using those.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    *if* we have a backup, it may be a few days old and take a while to get. It would mean downloading backups of the entire database from a remote server. Or you could just load a previous backup of your own if you have one and probably lose less work.
    Alright, I thought the server saved every 15 min or something, but now I understand that just one day of use would add up to 1 tb.
    Nevermind.
    Stop using those.
    What do you mean?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Why does the server save every 10 min?
    Isnt a ship loss or random corruption the reason they do save?
    What if a server catastrophe happened and the person who was there only reported it a week after, is the server always going to stay like that?

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Why does the server save every 10 min?
    The server autosaves every 5 minutes. This is so that if the very alpha game crashes, you never lose more than 5 minutes of work. Backups are done daily, but can fail.
    Isnt a ship loss or random corruption the reason they do save?
    No. They save to store your progress. you're thinking of backups.
    What if a server catastrophe happened and the person who was there only reported it a week after, is the server always going to stay like that?
    A sever catastrophe would be noticed pretty darn quickly. Us admins are almost always active, not to mention the numerous other players who have the ability to contact us either here, PMs, SMD chat, our discord, personal skype/steam etc and then if for some reason all that fails, I get emails every time the server is offline for more than 15 minutes.

That's not changing. The way we do backups may change in the future once we're able to afford a more proper hosting solution.

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    UPDATE;
    May it please be saved?
    Where did you blow it up ? Cause here 120 10 50 when I connected I saw some overheating things from a ships own by you. They wasn't a lot to save but I have been able to reboot it. So you can actually save cockpit, and containers but maybe not the rest. Confirm me it was there that happen the accident or if it isn't we should report it on phab.

Tell me when I'll be able to clean the mess too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd be up for giving this a try.

I only got back to playing again recently, but I have some screenshots of things I made a while ago.

Yes, that last one was a sword.

Edit: Sorry, been a while since I did this.

IGN KuramaFox
    Favorite kind of cake: Vanilla.
    The reason was kind of mentioned already, but I would like to give some multi a try again.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

I only got back to playing again recently, but I have some screenshots of things I made a while ago.

Application form-

(Former SATURN members need only post their IGNs)

IGN-

Why you want to join the server-

Example of your work-

Your favorite type of cake-

therimmer96

Reaction score

Edit: Sorry, been a while since I did this.

IGN KuramaFox
    Favorite kind of cake: Vanilla.
    The reason was kind of mentioned already, but I would like to give some multi a try again.
    Whitelisted.

Reaction score

IGN- Nebula

Why you want to join the server- I used to be a member of Saturn (I think? Trying to remember back now, this was like 3 years ago lol), and I also wish to work on refitting a few ship blueprints I have still. Mainly need to learn how the new systems and stuff works - I was last on in November 2013 ish, I think. So yeah - been away a while.

Example of your work-
    Say hello to the GRS Twilly - I helped to build him (I did some of the basic frame and such, as well as systems), and helped to begin refitting him to be a war vessel. Originally, he was a science vessel for deep space exploration, but was adapted for conflict some time during the Vaygr wars.

I have also worked on the Crustacean class fighter - originally designed for atmospheric combat, this little craft was later adapted for interstellar combat as part of a larger fleet. Good for intercepting other fighters, and incoming missiles (That little craft in the top right of the Twilly, is a Crustacean Class.)

All of these designs are pretty old though (Cirra the first Vaygr war, in the case of the crustacean class - which is approximately August 2013) and so aren't the best. They need refitting, and possibly redesign, in order to work better with the more updated state of the game.

Your favorite type of cake- Anything with enough chocolate to kill 100 horses. Minimum.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

therimmer96

Reaction score

IGN- Nebula

Why you want to join the server- I used to be a member of Saturn (I think? Trying to remember back now, this was like 3 years ago lol), and I also wish to work on refitting a few ship blueprints I have still. Mainly need to learn how the new systems and stuff works - I was last on in November 2013 ish, I think. So yeah - been away a while.

Example of your work-
    Say hello to the GRS Twilly - I helped to build him (I did some of the basic frame and such, as well as systems), and helped to begin refitting him to be a war vessel. Originally, he was a science vessel for deep space exploration, but was adapted for conflict some time during the Vaygr wars.

I have also worked on the Crustacean class fighter - originally designed for atmospheric combat, this little craft was later adapted for interstellar combat as part of a larger fleet. Good for intercepting other fighters, and incoming missiles (That little craft in the top right of the Twilly, is a Crustacean Class.)

All of these designs are pretty old though (Cirra the first Vaygr war, in the case of the crustacean class - which is approximately August 2013) and so aren't the best. They need refitting, and possibly redesign, in order to work better with the more updated state of the game.

Your favorite type of cake- Anything with enough chocolate to kill 100 horses. Minimum.
    Whitelisted.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Application form-
    IGN- KhaosHiDef

wanted to find a nice community on a server dedicated to building so i can get some inspiration from peoples work aswell as improve my own designs

Example of your work-

Your favorite type of cake- Sponge cake, keeps your insides clean ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think NFD looks great from reading so far(77 pages of crossed eyes worth).Just wondering if there is any everyday in game footage to look over to see if my style of play would fit in,i'm mostly a lowly miner but trade and rp would be fun(hard to do in single player)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I think NFD looks great from reading so far(77 pages of crossed eyes worth).Just wondering if there is any everyday in game footage to look over to see if my style of play would fit in,i'm mostly a lowly miner but trade and rp would be fun(hard to do in single player)
    It's a build server.... You build stuff and occasionally test it on other peoples stuff if they allow you to.

Last edited:
    Reactions: terra mining corp.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Application form-
    IGN- KhaosHiDef

wanted to find a nice community on a server dedicated to building so i can get some inspiration from peoples work aswell as improve my own designs

Example of your work-

Your favorite type of cake- Sponge cake, keeps your insides clean ;)
    Whitelisted.
    [doublepost=1468928510,1468928319][/doublepost]
    As footage of people just building isn't the most exciting thing then no we don't have any footage. We're not big daddy after all.
    People just build and have fun on the server. You can get help from other people and go see what they are doing and as Thadius said you can test your newly built ship on other people willing to help you with that.
    It's in general just a safe-haven for builders.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Application form-

IGN-N.O.G.G.

Why you want to join the server-sp gets kind of boring,from the builds I've seen on here I could improve my skills,also some rp and trading with real people would be nice:)

Example of your work- starmade-screenshot-0012.png mines the grey drone carrier starmade-screenshot-0007.png my shipyard station

Your favorite type of cake pound cake

Status
    Not open for further replies.