Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Same thing happened earlier today by someone else,except the server got rebooted real quick since one of the managers was on. but yeah it was me this time qq.
    Just contact us if the server is offline, at least one of the admin team should be online to restart the server. Otherwise we are probably sleeping.

oh and thanks for the information about the problem.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    IGN: Mr_Zero

Reason for wanting to join: i just wanted to join a build server that isnt likely to die horribly, and is welling to share designs and ideas....also i need to learn to build small.

Favorite cake: Cheese cake.

Edit: missing info

Ships i've made: sadly my ships went down with the Sol Remembrance server. I have built a cruiser length salvager with a 60-60 length salvager array and anti fighter turrets with a set of gyro rings in the center of the ship, and a was working on an actual cruiser for long range combat 100 long (cannon/ laser) and (missile/ damage pulse) vert launch setup..

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    IGN: Mr_Zero

Reason for wanting to join: i just wanted to join a build server that isnt likely to die horribly, and is welling to share designs and ideas....also i need to learn to build small.

Favorite cake: Cheese cake.
    You're going to need to show previous work you've done. You can't skip sections of the application ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ru

Rules are rules, go take some pictures.
    welp...I will have to take back my request to join the surver for right now as i'll need a few days to fix starmade to keep it from breaking regularly so I can build something to take a picture of. Maybe next week:)

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A catalog wipe might be long overdue. Apparently the server has the hiccups every single time someone uploads or saved a blueprint, due to the sheer size and amount of files in the Blueprints folder of the server.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    A catalog wipe might be long overdue. Apparently the server has the hiccups every single time someone uploads or saved a blueprint, due to the sheer size and amount of files in the Blueprints folder of the server.
    That happened about 2 weeks ago? the day i got whitelisted was the day they cleared blueprints from the server, there was a big post up for it too!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yep. Since the last few updates, the catalog has really been in need of some love from schema

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I have been having some issues with the server as of late.

When I hit enter, no chat window appears, and it looks like I pressed the button for HUD off option. Cannot speak, yet people talking still appear in the corner. This has affected me many times, sometimes chat doesn't work off the bat, other times it conks out randomly. Relogging usually doesn't work.

Havent noticed an issue on other servers.

Today I logged in, and all my WIP unsaved ship hulls are gone. Nothing I can see, nav is empty, when I logged off inbetween them.
    However, using the /search function tells me that ALL of the ships are still in my sector, no negatives or anything else out of place.
    So they are just... exiled? I don't get it. Traveling to another sector with other ships loads them and makes them appear on nav. Logging out at a different sector and logging back in and admin warping (and traveling to it on a thruster stick) fails to load them in as well.
    Using a thruster stick to travel 3 systems away and then 3 systems back fail to load them in.

Once upon relogging to try to fix some issues I seemed to arive at some sort of server BIOS panel. I think? Was big black box in the center of the window, with 3 buttons on the bottom. Clicking the buttons (like kill server) appeared to do nothing, and cursor did not change or button did not depress when I hovered over them and clicked them. Only way to close window was to kill Java in task manager.
    Bug appears to be non-reproducible.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450937774,1450937660][/DOUBLEPOST]I have been told by another ingame member that they also had problems with exiled ships.

He said that the solution that worked for him was to wait in the sector, in game, for FIVE HOURS.
    I have like 2 ships, and 3 turret WIP's in the sector, with maybe a total of 4 docked entities.
    Nothing big, nothing over maybe 2-3k mass. What gives?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds like a game issue, but I have no idea with this one. Lancake might be able to offer some insight into this.

Reaction score
    Hi there.
    IGN- Mitzuki

Why you want to join the server- I'd want to practice on my building, especially with systems, and it looks like the server has a lot of experienced builders who can probably help me out.

Example of your work- I haven't made anything, really. What you might want to know is that I have no experience building ANYTHING in StarMade.

Your favorite type of cake- I like black forest.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I have been having some issues with the server as of late.

When I hit enter, no chat window appears, and it looks like I pressed the button for HUD off option. Cannot speak, yet people talking still appear in the corner. This has affected me many times, sometimes chat doesn't work off the bat, other times it conks out randomly. Relogging usually doesn't work.

Havent noticed an issue on other servers.

Today I logged in, and all my WIP unsaved ship hulls are gone. Nothing I can see, nav is empty, when I logged off inbetween them.
    However, using the /search function tells me that ALL of the ships are still in my sector, no negatives or anything else out of place.
    So they are just... exiled? I don't get it. Traveling to another sector with other ships loads them and makes them appear on nav. Logging out at a different sector and logging back in and admin warping (and traveling to it on a thruster stick) fails to load them in as well.
    Using a thruster stick to travel 3 systems away and then 3 systems back fail to load them in.

Once upon relogging to try to fix some issues I seemed to arive at some sort of server BIOS panel. I think? Was big black box in the center of the window, with 3 buttons on the bottom. Clicking the buttons (like kill server) appeared to do nothing, and cursor did not change or button did not depress when I hovered over them and clicked them. Only way to close window was to kill Java in task manager.
    Bug appears to be non-reproducible.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450937774,1450937660][/DOUBLEPOST]I have been told by another ingame member that they also had problems with exiled ships.

He said that the solution that worked for him was to wait in the sector, in game, for FIVE HOURS.
    I have like 2 ships, and 3 turret WIP's in the sector, with maybe a total of 4 docked entities.
    Nothing big, nothing over maybe 2-3k mass. What gives?
    Just to be sure, try connecting with a fresh installation of the game.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    That sounds like repairing the sector might fix it.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    a sector repair or a server restart might be in order, Peek has confirmed that apparently my character has been logged into the server for over 12 hours now at 0 ping, despite my computer being powered down and with no internet access for some of that time.

thanks for the suggestions, steam repairing my files seems to have fixed my chat bug. It never seemed to occur on SS though.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450979742,1450979267][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the sector markers that tell you what sector is next and how far away it is sometimes jitter around like Temmie's face from Undertale.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450980288][/DOUBLEPOST]Yay sector is back with a /sector_repair xyz command

this is all that I have, just 4 things docked at 45 degree angles, 3 of them being smokestacks.

Reactions: djthekiller
    Status
    Not open for further replies.