Not launching after 'Play'

Reaction score
    So I played this game for quite some time a while back and worked perfectly fine, on the previous forums the game was on. That was all fine, I thought I might check it out now again.
    Installed it, updated drivers, updated java, reset my computer, and it doesn't work what so ever upon pressing the play button. It doesn't come up with anything at all, not even an error.
    I had a look around on the forums and what-not, there were issues relating, but none of the solutions worked. (Admin mode, re-installing stuff, ect..)

I downloaded the system check and the problem appears to be the graphics card:
    Starmade System Checker Report
    Sun 25/01/2015
    23:57:12.46

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 8.1 64-bit ....PASS
    ECHO is off.
    ECHO is off.
    Graphics Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7520G ....UNKNOWN
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS

Any help possible or should I just not bother? I mean, I know the game's in development, but I'd still like to play it, and if it gets finished and I'd be unable to play that would really suck.
    Thanks.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Might help to know which screen it crashed at, the News screen (1st) or Connection setup screen (2nd, with all the settings). If the last time you played was the old site, make sure you have the new launcher as well.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    there should be a log.txt.0 file in the logs folder of the starmade install. (the one with the newest timestamp)
    and there is a graphcisinfo.txt file too.
    upload both and let us take a look.

make sure your java install for 32 and 64 bit are of the same version
    make sure the java 8 version is the active one (under the java -> configure Java -> java under that tab make sure the box for 8 is ticked and only that)

Reaction score
    Might help to know which screen it crashed at, the News screen (1st) or Connection setup screen (2nd, with all the settings). If the last time you played was the old site, make sure you have the new launcher as well.
    Already have the new launcher, it gets to the second screen, then after play kills itself.

there should be a log.txt.0 file in the logs folder of the starmade install. (the one with the newest timestamp)
    and there is a graphcisinfo.txt file too.
    upload both and let us take a look.

make sure your java install for 32 and 64 bit are of the same version
    make sure the java 8 version is the active one (under the java -> configure Java -> java under that tab make sure the box for 8 is ticked and only that)
    I put the log in, and there's no Graphicsinfo.txt's anywhere to be seen. Probably because it doesn't launch far enough to make one.
    I've only got one Java, which is the 8.31 that's running, no idea if there even if a 64 version running, or if they're the same version. Checking processes shows only the one. Last part I don't even know where to go for that.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    check under the "installed programs" section in windows what java versions are installed.
    normaly it is no problem to run 32 and 64 bit side by side. (that is if you are using a 64 bit OS)
    then check under the java folder -> configure java -> java (there is one button) if the 64bit 1.8 version is ticked as active and only that version
    where did you install starmade? maybe move it to a not protected folder if it is in programs or desktop

Reaction score
    Java 32's running and fine, only has 1.8 there so nothing to clash with it. No 64 bit either (Makes sense, 'cus this isn't a 64 bit computer.)
    I don't think it was in a protected location in the first place, so I doubt that would have been an issue, none the less I moved it about and still yielded no results. With the same results on the logs from launching in different locations, as well. I feel like it's a driver issue, since that's the only thing the Starmade Checker took issue with (Even if it reads unknown), and I'm not about to go out and get a new graphics card only for one game when it works fine for everything else.

I'll probably leave it for a month or two and come back if nothing can be done, it'll be disappointing, but hey, stuff happens, and maybe in coming patches it could fix. Best thing about alpha/betas, they update.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS
    from the system checker ... ok.. there is somewrong with the detection in that then.

if you are running at 32bit ... make sure the memory settings are not higher then 1024 maximum (or something 1500 may also work)
    32bit java cant handle more than that and causes crashes then