not feeling like building atm.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    When a pillar of the community sounds off like this, one who has done hundreds of videos and tutorials, and so many get behind him, you need to wake up and listen, or else risk killing your own game.
    Wow, that reads awesome thank you. Listening - well i was - i tried to not tell them what to do. i just wanted to remind them about that there comes a lot of stuff to think about with every aspect they might want to touch.
    Most notable i guess is that they really need to make sure it works out this way without hindering creativity as soon as the systems dictate where we have to put what and we can not build as we please, we are in trouble, for right now we may have to route those powerstrips through our ships but besides that, interior design is pretty much unaffected by systems. If that changes, the faction that now goes like "wow more space for interor" is going to be pretty pissed because suddenly they need to build how the systems demand it, which makes designing slightly more difficult enough to cause an "unrest" So they are walking on a thin edge right now and that is a hard but also brave thing to do.
    I personally didn't start this to rally the voices of the masses i was just so dumped down and wanted to know how others feel/felt if it just was a bummer for me or everyone else as well. so i guess i am definitely not alone...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ah, gotcha. :P

But you don't have to wait. You can, at the very least, make shells. You can attempt to map out where the reactors will go and so on. Almost like a waiting game, how close can you get to the ship's required power in a guess? :P
    not really. For maximum strategy, you must wait until after any new system is changed, because that would most likely affect the shape of your ship. Right now, as the game is, any and all ship shapes are encouraged and limited only by creativity: long and thin, short and fat, tall, wide... any of these shapes will give roughly the same volume for systems and same power regen.

Reaction score
    Even delay of replying to the community is getting to me...community is on hold until we get something solid to expect.

Reaction score
    Everything you build will become obsolete later. I don't understand how knowing specifically which part of it is going to become obsolete first changes anything.
    Perhaps the fact that it will all become obsolete all at once is the determining factor behind his frustration....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Perhaps the fact that it will all become obsolete all at once is the determining factor behind his frustration....
    Thats what utterly ruined my mood ;-;

Ive had the game open for a few hours now and i just keep staring at it...

Reaction score
    Thats what utterly ruined my mood ;-;

Ive had the game open for a few hours now and i just keep staring at it...
    Aye, I hear you. It is not the fact that I will have to retrofit and/or completely rebuild my current lineup, nor it is that I will have to learn new systems and change my build style....

....it is, "what the heck do I do, besides logic circuit design, until they have decided on a course and implemented it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Aye, I hear you. It is not the fact that I will have to retrofit and/or completely rebuild my current lineup, nor it is that I will have to learn new systems and change my build style....

....it is, "what the heck do I do, besides logic circuit design, until they have decided on a course and implemented it?
    Truthfully....The idea that i have to redo the entire systems on the titan i just finished, arent helping either. I think i posted it two weeks ago ;-; *maybe* ill go strip everything out of a copy of it, and maybe fix some problems...plus work on its exterior...
    i *could* build frames, but without an idea of how this system works set in stone, who knows how many of those will be useless etc...
    i *might* get around to finishing up a project i started since the beginning of the game, if i can the model im missing in the line up.
    but the motivation is just gone right now...(cross country drive im doing probably doesnt help either xD)

Reaction score
    Truthfully....The idea that i have to redo the entire systems on the titan i just finished, arent helping either. I think i posted it two weeks ago ;-; *maybe* ill go strip everything out of a copy of it, and maybe fix some problems...plus work on its exterior...
    i *could* build frames, but without an idea of how this system works set in stone, who knows how many of those will be useless etc...
    i *might* get around to finishing up a project i started since the beginning of the game, if i can the model im missing in the line up.
    but the motivation is just gone right now...(cross country drive im doing probably doesnt help either xD)
    There's a reason I avoid titan class ships...... =))))

Personally, my weakness is sub-100k mass cruisers loaded to the gills with logic. 16 stage twin gatling shotguns anyone?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ehh the system shouldn't be too difficult to refit for from what I can tell thus far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There's a reason I avoid titan class ships...... =))))

Personally, my weakness is sub-100k mass cruisers loaded to the gills with logic. 16 stage twin gatling shotguns anyone?
    Its probably gonna be the only one i ever build, just SOOOOOOOOOOO much time invested. Least its looks cool, not sure how it is in combat, but eh

Ive got two battleships im building, and one humongous mining vessel, might go back to working on 20-50k frigates at some point.
    [doublepost=1487301948,1487301801][/doublepost]
    Ehh the system shouldn't be too difficult to refit for from what I can tell thus far.
    Be that as it may, i still have to delete all the systems on my ships due to how i lay out my systems. Its by far and away from optimal(at least i think so?) just not looking forward to *another* refit. truthfully...thought the power system was something they wouldnt touch, its so easy to use, and it makes sense, to me at least.

Reaction score
    It will likely be much harder to refit into my class of ships, as their smaller total dimensions and efficient use of available space leaves little to no room for design changes. Many of them have such intricate and redundant logic systems, that even I forget what does what without significant reverse engineering, heh.

Reaction score
    dont really care for the current power system, and i dont really mind if all my stuff stops working because theres still nothing to do with the stuff I build anyway, but i guess it does kinda suck hanging a conceptual revamp over everyones heads that may or may not even happen, and then it probably take a year to be finished assuming schine 1-2 coders work on it and only it with no interruption, which mean no new additional features in the meantime :oops:

Reaction score
    It will likely be much harder to refit into my class of ships, as their smaller total dimensions and efficient use of available space leaves little to no room for design changes. Many of them have such intricate and redundant logic systems, that even I forget what does what without significant reverse engineering, heh.
    I have a few designs that have been built systems first and then skinned with armor. Due to their design, the power systems are decentralized and waffled among other systems, and there is no room left for changes. I'm gonna have to do an extensive rebuild for those ships in order to fit in new power systems, if I want to use them after the proposed update hits.

I'm also having severe motivational problems due to my personal life situation and the devs dangling a potential entity-breaking update over our heads doesn't exactly help coping with that issue, so I'm definitely not feeling like building right now. I'm contemplating on sitting on the sidelines, and concentrating on other things, until I get confirmation of what the devs are gonna do and wait out for the update to hit, so I can see actual testing results and decide if I wanna learn how to use the new systems for my builds.