Noob Admin needs help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just got a small server for a few of us to play on but I am clueless how to run it. I cannot seem to save ships as there are 0/0 slots available nor can I spawn in ships such as pirates. Do I have to create a pirate faction? I have been all over the place and seen nothing but the one shop at spawn. I have spent several hours watching tutorials on youtube but nothing that so far helps with basic admin questions. I did try the wiki but that was not much help either. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
    For the blueprint issue. find the file called server.cfg in your starmade directory and look for the entry:

CATALOG_SLOTS_PER_PLAYER

Change the number to whatever amount you want (-1 for unlimited slots).

Also, if you\'re only encountering that one shop at spawn, look for the following in the server.cfg file:

SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY

Default is 0.08 meaning whenever a sector is first generated (When someone explores it) there\'s an 8% change that a shop is created. 1 means a shop always spawns in every sector, 0 means only the spawn shop exists.

The pirate and trading guild factions are automatically created when the universe is made, so there\'s no need to create them. NPCs DO need blueprints in order to spawn. In-game, enter the catalog tab and choose the admin section. You can see which blueprints you have on the server. Click a blueprint and choose permissions; check the box \"EnemyUsable\" if you want pirates/traders to spawn in those ships.

Use /initiate_wave (powerlevel) (spawndelay) so /initiate_wave 5 10 will spawn a level 5 pirate wave 10 seconds after the command is input.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I checked my cfg file and it says CATALOG_SLOTS_PER_PLAYER = -1 //How many slots per player for saved ships (-1 for unlimited)

So that seems right. When I open the tools setting I can see the ships under ship catalog mananger but ingame I cannot access them. It is still telling me I have zero slots available. I tried changing the -1 to 100 for a try and that made no difference.

Reaction score
    Try checking: ALLOW_UPLOAD_FROM_LOCAL_BLUEPRINTS and make sure that\'s true.

Also try making a core and saving that using \"Create New Entry\", does that give the same message?

You might have to do reset the catalog entirely if that\'s happening.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I checked that setting and it is true. I tried to save a coere and it still says Cannot save blueprint out of slots 0/0

So should I just reset the universe?