Suggested noncolidable invisible equivalents for rest of rail blocks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would love to see equivalents of rail ratators, turret axis and even ship docker itselft. They would behave the same way pickup rails do, visible in build mode, but invisible un uncolidable during flight mode or astronaut movement.
    This feature would be appreciated by builders, especially those who dream of building a stargate or similar rotating nonsence or for those who just dont like rail textures because they do not fit to their ship design.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Was discussed and denied I think.
    But it can be done via config files - if we all use these modded config files and refuse the original, they may include it into default.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I havent found it anywhere so I made a suggestion. Maybe I overlooked it, where did they stated it?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Sometimes search betrays us. This has definitely been suggested before but I think it's ok. Rotators I'm fine with. Turret rotators I'm not ok with.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I'd personally LOVE to be able to put spinning rings in my warp gates like the Stargate has, it would look awesome, but its highly impractical considering you need a rotator block right in the freaking middle blocking the gate.

When I do it now, I end up with light blocks and some complicated logic to make the lights turn on and off in a way that mimics rotating sections, but its not nearly as nice as actual spinning rings.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I'd personally LOVE to be able to put spinning rings in my warp gates like the Stargate has, it would look awesome, but its highly impractical considering you need a rotator block right in the freaking middle blocking the gate.

When I do it now, I end up with light blocks and some complicated logic to make the lights turn on and off in a way that mimics rotating sections, but its not nearly as nice as actual spinning rings.
    Couldn't you put the rotator in the centre, but offset a very long way behind the actual gate? It wouldn't be noticeable.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sometimes search betrays us. This has definitely been suggested before but I think it's ok. Rotators I'm fine with. Turret rotators I'm not ok with.
    They can be shot down as any other pickuprail or shot out rail. I dont really understand what you dont like about rail axes.

Couldn't you put the rotator in the centre, but offset a very long way behind the actual gate? It wouldn't be noticeable.
    Until you smash into it.