Bug Non-whole blocks appearing in slots.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    1/4, 1/2, 3/4 blocks are showing up in my faction storages but I can't do anything with them. They are picked up from other entities like ships and stations and they can't be placed as is only stored. I'll get some pictures up in a bit but this is most puzzling.

Currently noticing this issue on Aetherion server.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    how do you archive to get them ?
    disassembling a thing by hand or through a ship yard ?
    or do they get produced in a factory ?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    how do you archive to get them ?
    disassembling a thing by hand or through a ship yard ?
    or do they get produced in a factory ?
    That's currently what I'm trying to figure out. Not sure if the game is derping and turning whole blocks into their non-whole counterpart when the sector uploads/reloads, shipyard, factory, salvagers on a overheating target, unbuilding an entity manually, etc.

Can't be a shipyard at the moment because no one in my faction has one setup yet. I'm thinking it might be either salvaging or unbuilding things causing it. Not sure right now since I just find them in my faction storages at the moment.

I know it isn't being made by a factory though since I didn't see any option to do it. Unless something screwy is going on with factories and the whole blocks are turning into 1/4ths when the sector unloads and reloads.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    it could be that hey do drop as loot from pirates ... please ask around for that.
    and you can discard them they are useless

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    It'd be nice if they turned into whole blocks when picked up. I've seen some drop from loot drops so that might be the source of them. So far I've got a storage pulling them out of the main storage so they don't clutter the thing.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Blueprints that drop their items when the BP doesn't have a target in the catalog also cause the spawning of slabs. Say you have a BP with blocks in it but removed the main copy of it in the catalog the BP just dumps its load of blocks when you try to spawn it. This causes the slabs to spawn from this. So I'm guessing this might also happen from shipyards as well but haven't tested yet.