No updates for a while-something big planned?

Reaction score
    This game gets bugfixes every week or odd couple of days or so but we haven't had an update in a while...

Do you think something big is planned? Like mobs? Speculation general.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    What? Why speculate when I could just... Nah, haha, you folks keep speculating. Maybe you\'ll think of something really neat that the dev team hasn\'t!

Reaction score
    Schema is probably setting the NPCs up to actually do stuff, unlike in most games where they wander around aimlessly, also making improvements to the structure panel and fixing turrets :)

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I was thinking the same thing.... Oh well, we can just wait and see.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    He could simply be taking a well earned break from updating

Reaction score
    I doubt it. He\'s a one man coding army, although he certainatly deserves it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I reckon they\'re getting ready for the absolute release of the player models + NPCs, no pre-build.

Reaction score
    That we will be converting the entire game to triangles, no more cubes.

This means that youll need to redo all of your existing buildss, but rest assured, its not likely that there will be another base shape change for at least 2 months after triangles are implemented, personally ive been advocating using rectangles instead of cubes, that would allow people to builds lengthwise more quickly. Its also been suggested that we simply convert everything into circles, but Notch has mentioned.... wait.... Notch? oh, wrong game, sorry guys, ive no news for Starmade.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Calbiri is trying to make light of the next big change, only it is not triangles it is an Icosagon which is a 20 sided polygon. This decision was made after a year of reasearch into the best new block shape. The advantages are simple, 5 times the sides of a regular box means 5 times the fun. Schema has also decided to switch to hit tables and whenever guns fire they will actually fire Icosagon\'s which will spin rapidly at the target and hit on one side which will be numbererd. This will determine the location that is actually hit. This will usher in a new level of roleplaying as the D20 has long been the most powerful of the roleplaying dice and thus a perfect fit for StarMade. Players will also be able to roll a Icosagon to determine their stats such as gunnery and piloting. In order to level the playing field aiming will no longer be necesary as the player can merely point in the general direction of the ship and then roll his Icosagon to determine if he has hit the ship. This will also eliminate lag because complicated hit detection algorythms will no longer have to be used. I for one am excited about this new system as I am tired of any realism that StarMade has and would much rather everything skill based be replaced with dice rolls.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    And the news for the past April the first was indeed not a lie, as EA is having Schema put Starmade onto Origin within the next few updates.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Allow me to wave aside all the rumors:

• schema has decided to move to copenhagen to be with his idol, russel brand. they might become the next big power couple
    • during the next two months, while trucks are rented to move the massive collection of straw hats schema owns, dev is entirely in the hands of MichaelSeph
    • if he does well (he will) schema may turn over all coding and the future of the game to MS
    • while MS is in charge all you will need to make your ship invulnerable is one shield block as the new NEW AMC nerf makes adding AMCs to your ship mostly cosmetic
    • the isanth vi will be the deafult for everything, stations, planets, pirate bases everything will look like and work like the best ship ever, the venerable isanth vi
    • beyond the shipcore an additional ship part must be added to every vessel before it will be operable. this block is a music block that allow you to choose w/e justin bieber song you like
    • new patches to the game will cancel any ability to lower your volume or disable sound
    • all player models will be converted to the new model which is a pony. you get to choose pegasis, unicorn or earth pony. admins get an alicorn model.
    • the new model is just one of many pony related changes coming soon
    • community management is being switched from testers to a new group of ultra admins. they will have the power to delete your internet entirely for whatever violation they believe warrants
    • this new group of ultra admins will be Obishawnkenobi, ridik_ulass, zorozeeree and travbro (when he shows up) congrats guys!
    • we\'re also combing youtube for all starmade related videos to be removed and all uploaders with more than two sm related videos will be banned. we will backdoor all servers and clients to enforce this. you\'re only hope is to be on team coco and e-mail frito-lay customer support so they can appeal on your behalf
    • lastly a patch will be relased in about 2 hours blocking all intel processors AND gpus. if you are not using an AMD processor you are SOL. a counter-patch will be available to people who leave pict-msgs of themselves wearing funny hats. we\'ll tell you where to send the picts later

As the title of this reply suggest this is all lies.
    Maybe.
    :3
    Good hunting and good luck.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    WHAT? Isanth-VI as planets? ISANTHS ARE NOT PERFECT SPHERES YOU SELLOUT! I DEMAND ROUND PLANETS.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The DFN is going to be crowned overlord and supreme dictators over all public servers. Prepare for the Isanth armageddon, my friends. :P

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We\'re switching to G+, guys. Google bought us, we\'re now called Google Space.

Now, stay still while we steal your data and sell it for 320% profit. It will only hurt a little.

Reaction score
    Time to burst the bubble, i\'m asking schema, and then i\'ll post results.... tomorrow. until then, have fun.