Bug No Sound in Star-Made

Reaction score
    Hi,

I've been playing Star-Made for a while now. I've NEVER had sound whenever I play it. I've used the Star-Made system checker, and everything checks out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Anyone else have this same problem? My best guess is that it's something to do with my PC's specs, specifically windows XP.

I'm running XP, 32 bit, updated java, nVidia video card with about 2-3 GB of VRAM and I have 2 GB of RAM. Fairly large hard drive (1 TB).

Just a curious thought.

Reaction score
    Does it work of you copy the DLLs in StarMade\native\windows to the directory where the launcher resides?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    are you sure it's your computer that not having the sound? I read this, maybe its the way you worded it, and casually thought you were joking. I thought you mite probably having seen this thread -> http://starmadedock.net/threads/more-sounds.451/#post-8743 and were being totally a smart ass here.

if you are, bravo for being clever. if not one way to test is to try going near a core, as it is just about the one and only reliable sound in the game.

Reaction score
    der_scheme,
    Tried it and it doesn't work

lordWolfe,
    I am not being a smart ass. I've actually yet to see that thread. I just don't get any SFX what so ever (I've checked, I know the sounds of the game from hearing them on my brother's computer).

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Well, it was worth a try.
    Then do the following: Start the game, spawn, and exit. Go to the logs directory, open log.txt.0 (i.e. using notepad.exe) and put its contents on pastebin (pastebin.com) or a similar site.
    It might also be relevant which sound card you have. On this subject: Updating your sound card or mainboard (in case there are no drivers for the former) drivers might fix this issue.