Nightstar Industries

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets

Nightstar Industries

-When style is your heart's desire.-

Welcome to Nightstar Industries, your only destination for the true decadence in destruction. Tired of bolted hull plates and black and yellow hazard stripes? do you hunger for smooth lines and missile launchers that wow as well as pow? Then you need an NSI ship.

No other company focuses so much on form as well as function. The stars are our world, our home and our unfortunate battleground; Take your place among them as a star yourself. When you tear apart the hull off a ruined pirate vessel with your ivory damage beams, you will not only feel the strength of your position... but you will know that you are doing so in style.

Please, sit back, relax and browse our growing catalog of ships tailored to your needs as an empire-builder.

----
    NSI Heavy Manta (Salvage Ship)

The universe is a dangerous place, yet business is business. A surprising shield capacity and the decent maneuverability the Heavy Manta offers are but bonuses atop an incredibly powerful salvage array.
    Additional Info

NSI Circinae (Holy Titan)

A ship built to crusade against all who would stand against you. It will bring peace to
    everything around it one way or another.

Additional Info

NSI Obsidian Star

Initially pitched as a command vessel for the fleet, constraints on interior space lead to it being re-tasked as more tactical attack vessel. The Star boasts incredible firepower and surprising turning speed for something of it's size.

Additional Info

NSI Silent Swan (Battleship)

The perfect place to hold your quarterly review. Prove your business prowess while your ship proves
    it's skill in battle.
    Additional Info

NSI Gannet (Long-Range Battlecruiser)

Built for destruction at a distance, the Gannet-Class artillery ship is designed to support the fleet with twin arrays of tracking missiles. Defeat the opposition before they even lay eyes on you.
    Additional Info

NSI Snowpiper (Shuttle)

Built for speed and agility, the Snowpiper is your adrenaline rush while en route to your next meeting. Don't be afraid to press that pedal to the floor and let the stars go by.
    Additional Info

NSI Ptarmigan (Shuttle)

Comfort is the name of the game when it comes to the Ptarmigan. This shuttle is meant for longer trips but she can be safely tucked away into most docking bays.

Additional Info

Last edited:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    NSI Silent Swan (Battlecruiser)

The perfect place to hold your quarterly review. Prove your business prowess while your ship proves
    it's skill in battle.
    Welcome to the art of shipyarding!
    While I'm at it, nice ship too! Although maybe add another color along with the white? I know you've already got blue lights on it but maybe some raised hull panels of another color (maybe blue or black) could increase the detail a bit and give the illusion of a bigger ship while you're at it. I like the general shape though! May there be more amazing works of art from you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Welcome to the art of shipyarding!
    While I'm at it, nice ship too! Although maybe add another color along with the white? I know you've already got blue lights on it but maybe some raised hull panels of another color (maybe blue or black) could increase the detail a bit and give the illusion of a bigger ship while you're at it. I like the general shape though! May there be more amazing works of art from you.
    I had variations of the ship with black, gold and purple detailing but the plain white/blue looked best. The whole 'image' of NSI is about sleek and clean, mainly because I noticed that most ships in Starmade seem to be cluttered with panels, ridges, edges, lights, grates.... I wanted something to mark my own style, so I've been trying to keep clean lines but also have great detail when inspected closely.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    most ships in Starmade seem to be cluttered with panels, ridges, edges, lights, grates... I wanted something to mark my own style.
    I was wondering when you'd reply :P
    I'll admit it, sometimes even I find such detailed ships to be too cluttered for my liking, so I appreciate ships like yours because of that. But who am I to talk about cluttered detail when I build ships like that xD

Reactions: Xacktar
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Main post updated to include the Circinae, an awesome ship that was formerly crewed by religious zealots(Don;t ask about what happened to them)

Comes complete with a nice picnic area!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    YES YES YES YES!!!!
    People always go apeshit over gigantic amounts of random detail. Imo clean lines with concise, meaningful detail looks way better for futuristic looking ships. Detail is good with heavily armored teran style ships, but not for everything.

Am definitely going to keep an eye on this thread.

Reaction score
    Any stats for the WIP (dimensions)? also really love the shape of this one! Please keep us updated!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Any stats for the WIP (dimensions)? also really love the shape of this one! Please keep us updated!
    Currently it is 280 high, 240 wide. Length is an unknown yet. I'm still working on the hull.

I can tell you it will have four arrays of some pretty insane lock-on missiles and a rapid-fire cannon array that can chew through hull at a ridiculous speed.

Reaction score
    I think you should bring the length of the ship tapered down to a point (sorta like a tail) in the back. Idk just throwing out suggestions.
    Sounds like a real piece of work! Keep it up and I would love to see WIP pics and stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think you should bring the length of the ship tapered down to a point (sorta like a tail) in the back. Idk just throwing out suggestions.
    Sounds like a real piece of work! Keep it up and I would love to see WIP pics and stuff.
    I thought about going to comet tail route, but I was afraid it would detract from the star-shape. Here's what the engines look like currently. It still needs something more but I'm getting there.

And here's a bonus pic of the combination Hangar/Ship control room:

Reaction score
    Creepy...looks like its staring at me before it screws me over haha. Looks good though, keep it up

Reaction score
    That's a pretty cool and unique design. Your ships just keep getting better and better! Can't wait to see the finished ship!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Main post updated with the addition of the Obsidian Star. She's a killer.

I really wanted to do more interior on her, but powering her massive weapons took up too much time and space. I eventually burned out on building any further, but what is there is solid.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Work on the Argentavis is currently stalled do to the recent explosion in new tech making older systems outdated.

Recognizing this as a time for opportunity among ship-production facilities around the universe, NSI execs have designed a new civillian mining vessel!

The NSI Heavy Manta has been added to the main post.

Reaction score
    Xacktar I must say that your ships are very well made, so far i have tried the Gannet and the Heavy Manta, and love both models for both aestetic and functionality, however i have one question, is there anywhere i can go to see all your uploaded ship files? cant seem to figure it out! Much appreciated, again thanks for your incredible designs
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432091752,1432091652][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Xacktar I must say that your ships are very well made, so far i have tried the Gannet and the Heavy Manta, and love both models for both aestetic and functionality, however i have one question, is there anywhere i can go to see all your uploaded ship files? cant seem to figure it out! Much appreciated, again thanks for your incredible designs
    I appologize for the needless question guess i never scrolled up enough :) found it lol