Bug Newest Update reset parts of my current ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I am currently working on a ship which I saved to a blueprint before last exiting the game.
    After installing the new update the middlepart of my ship has been reset to a prior state, while the back and front are still as I last left them.

The attached image shows a logic-wire leading into nowhere for example.
    This effects the main ship and all docked entities in the same area.

Loading the ship from the blueprint yields the same result.
    Rolling back to the previous release doens not help either...

Any suggestion on how to get my ship back? or is all hope lost for this one? starmade-screenshot-0023.png
    [doublepost=1488112044,1488111420][/doublepost]First image shows that the connected block should still be there, second image shows where the cut is.
    Also a correction: Only the back of the ship is in the newest state, all changes made to the front of the ship are lost

Attachments

Reaction score
    Is the broken ship one from the blueprint or the original one, still loaded from before?
    Probably depends on whether the blueprint is fine and only a conversion loading it with the client is broken.
    Have you tried reverting back to the previous client version and load the blueprint, to see if it is fine then?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is the broken ship one from the blueprint or the original one, still loaded from before?
    Probably depends on whether the blueprint is fine and only a conversion loading it with the client is broken.
    Have you tried reverting back to the previous client version and load the blueprint, to see if it is fine then?
    "Rolling back to the previous release doens not help either..." - sadly does not help

Edit:

I also tried both the already loaded version of the ship, and a newly spawned ship from the blueprint. Same problem with both

Reaction score
    "Rolling back to the previous release doens not help either..." - sadly does not help

Edit:

I also tried both the already loaded version of the ship, and a newly spawned ship from the blueprint. Same problem with both
    Sorry, missed that part, am still waking up.
    In that case I suspect that the ship was already saved in a broken state.
    I know that sometimes segments that had blocks that got deleted and are empty, I call them 'ghost segments', are still saved in smd data of blueprints.
    No idea what causes them. And I never noticed any duplicates of segments.
    There is a very minor incredibly unlikely chance that a duplicate, one current, the other old, of the same middle segment was saved, but the index of one has overwritten the index of the other.

I could take a look if any of those 'ghost segments' exist and resurrect them. if I had the blueprint.

But it is by far more likely that that the progress is simply lost. :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sorry, missed that part, am still waking up.
    In that case I suspect that the ship was already saved in a broken state.
    I know that sometimes previously deleted segments, I call them 'ghost segments', are still saved in smd data of blueprints.
    No idea what causes them. And I never noticed any duplicates of segments.
    There is a very minor incredibly unlikely chance that a duplicate, one current, the other old, of the same middle segment was saved, but the index of one has overwritten the index of the other.

I could take a look if any of those 'ghost segments' exist and resurrect them. if I had the blueprint.

But it is by far more likely that that the progress is simply lost. :(

Thank you very much for your help. I uploaded the blueprint with this comment. I mean it is not that big of a ship and I will get over it if I have to rebuild some parts but stuff like this is just so dang frustrating :S

Attachments

Reaction score
    Found two 'ghost segments', but that in of its own does not mean anything.
    I try now what happens if I 'revive', them.

Edit:
    Nope just a bug when I modified my script, the main entity has no ghost segments, only one docked entity has.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Found two 'ghost segments', but that in of its own does not mean anything.
    I try now what happens if I 'revive', them.

Edit:
    Nope just a bug when I modified my script, the main entity has no ghost segments, only one docked entity has.
    Ok thank you non the less... Then I will have to rebuild the biggest part :/

Reaction score
    Ok thank you non the less... Then I will have to rebuild the biggest part :/
    Don't mention it. I was curious since blueprints with errors sometimes offer insight on the code behind them.
    I also tried reading the block data differently, hoping that maybe it is a mix of old block format and new, but no luck.
    Seems the blueprint was simply saved with the progress missing. Good luck with the project!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I have a similar problem. The last hour or so of the build is missing! The blueprints are the same size (and value) so are identical but were saved between 60 and 90 minutes apart.

A tad annoying to say the least as I was really on a flow and it was all coming together nicely.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    had the same thing happen on a test-build or two recently. I think the save feature is acting strange, possibly saving to last server backup point instead of current one.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I'm having the same issue, I build a ship and log off, and when I log back on, parts of the ships are missing, reverted back to a previuos build state.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I'm having the same issue, I build a ship and log off, and when I log back on, parts of the ships are missing, reverted back to a previuos build state.
    whats great is if you save the blueprint, log off and then back in, the blueprint has the blocks but refuses to load them. Or at least mine is doing that ;-;

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Okay, so having returned home from work and updated to today's update, my ship appears to be cured of its curse. :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Nope, just looked around. Now a chunk of a different ship is missing, including the core. :(

EDIT: Two ships now.
    It spreads!!
    Thats how mine started, now its affecting ships i didnt have loaded ;-;