Bug Blueprints corrupt on creation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I had this bug before today:
    Bug - Newest Update reset parts of my current ship

Now I have rebuild the part of my ship the game deleted and wanted the ceck if it safes correctly. This is the result:

This is the original entity,

starmade-screenshot-0024.png
    This is the entity i spawned in after creating a new blueprint:
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png

The exact same problem...

Any idea how I can keep my restored progress? Not very keen on having wasted my time twice on the same problem.

Seems to be that I can not safe any progress on any vessel:

Current state
    starmade-screenshot-0026.png
    When saved to blueprint and spawned:
    starmade-screenshot-0027.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Uhh...we seem to be suffering from something similar O_O

Ive got a ship that isnt letting me save any progress on it no matter what i do as well.

edit: my thread is here Singleplayer not saving ship builds
    edit2: for me at least it just seems to be that one ship.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Can you try to clear your client cache?

If it does still revert after every restart. (try a line of blocks, not too much work ^^°)

Enable the following option in your server.cfg:

Code:
    FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION = false //forces writing operations of raw data to disk directly after operation. For some OS this prevents raw data corruption
    edit it to

Code:
    FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION = true //forces writing operations of raw data to disk directly after operation. For some OS this prevents raw data corruption
    and save the configuration.

If that fixes the revert problems, or throws errors on saving, please upload the logstarmade.0.log here.
    (If it does not change anything, turn it back to false, as it increases the file-operations on your disk, and may degrade performance.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Dunno if it fixed his problem but it didnt fix mine, however you have my logs already in the other post! *Goes back to working on new ship*
    Thank you for trying Andy!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can you try to clear your client cache?

If it does still revert after every restart. (try a line of blocks, not too much work ^^°)

Enable the following option in your server.cfg:

Code:
    FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION = false //forces writing operations of raw data to disk directly after operation. For some OS this prevents raw data corruption
    edit it to

Code:
    FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION = true //forces writing operations of raw data to disk directly after operation. For some OS this prevents raw data corruption
    and save the configuration.

If that fixes the revert problems, or throws errors on saving, please upload the logstarmade.0.log here.
    (If it does not change anything, turn it back to false, as it increases the file-operations on your disk, and may degrade performance.)

- Andy

I will try that later, but this will require me to restart the game.. is there any way to fetch the ship data from the running game? Probably not but i have some hope left :S

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    you can use the "create blueprint" feature, it will then create it from all disk files.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi, im having some issues too, maybe theyre related.
    Im trying to build a drone carrier, im testing the rail system to learn how it works. I did a basic plataform to test drones docking and undocking; when i do set the logic with c and v and then when i erase some of the blocks, the purple outline keeps on seeing on the empty space where the cubes where, i did not pay attention to this and keep on the building. I did finish a succefull attempt and then log off, later i get online again and the plataform was just some pieces like the ones on the pics, i did erase it and do it again, test it and log off, when i did log in again the plataform was not full again. I been building during these days and this only happenend when i do use logic.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Chimming in because I've experienced similar issues since the performance patch and came here to see what's up... I've lost two nights work now. First time it happened I thought it was <strike>a bug</strike> my own screwup. A ship I had been working on only saved half of the changes I'd made. This caused a turret to spawn inside its host hull. I was forced to delete the ship and revert to an earlier blueprint. Also the station I was working on reverted most* of it's changes as well. I had saved both these entities to blueprints but the blueprints had the same issue. Only some of the changes saved. I reinstalled my server and started a new map, jumped on and worked all last night on a new station. Got on this morning and only some of the station had saved properly. Likewise with its blueprint. Have patched the game again this morning and will do some serious testing to see if things are saving properly before committing to any serious building... I can handle crashes, bugs and glitches but losing hours of work is a real show stopper... crossing my fingers.
    btw I'm using the non steam installers on a linux client and a linux server. I initially thought it might have been a file permission screw up but I compared an old server backup with a new one and couldn't see any difference in file permissions.

EDIT: Yesterdays update has resolved saving issues for me. :) (The .466 release)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    And I've got the same issue since... I think it was happened first time a two micro-updates ago.