Newer Power Engine Reactor Type

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since people are taking Power Generation, time for a change.

What do we want to see and what do we want to play with!
    This is merely an example at what I envision
    how a ship's reactor core should resemble, we want to make it smart in how much it generates by varying it sizes, So smallest would be
    It does not need to turn super fast to generate power you could give a varying slider lets say as built and at a given speed will generate 1 million power by doubling the speed will double the output to 2 million power but then has a drawback effect of using double the fuel compound resources and double the heat at which point you need to offset the heat to maintain the efficiency.

Now one could fine tune by adding reactor core blocks or reactor blocks as one is producing and the other is gathering the energy.
    The smallest could be 3x3 and a single reactor core block for a small fighter, I would like to also use the same blocks as what armor has for design.

As you see in the bottom picture I have reactor blocks in the various shapes, this way we can make designed functional something that we truly need for our building, the same could be said for shields lots of complex designs in gribbly art that functions no matter angle of view and change the rules of course, there was a mini game of Compounds and that could be used to find fuel energy source from mixing compounds, or you can use a bulk resource as fuel, all depends what you the player wants to get out of it

You need to add growth to the game, people like to build functional things and things that are complex, complex build designs that capture the innovative minds.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Purdie! I like what you did there. :)

After playing with a recent pre-build last night, I noticed the dockers take more punishment before breaking. Not sure how long this has been in there for.

I wish the existing reactors had the ability to turn on/off with logical relay control to feed independently and affect lighting and other systems on an entity so you can go dark properly.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If your on single player you can in the configure settings, you can turn off the animanation's on the flashing blocks , yes some things turning them on and off would save on lag etc... but on an update of your game would reset all defaults, this is where you have to save your setting in Notebook or WordPad. but it be cool to have this as an option, mostly you never see the stuff ever again, once it's buried behind armor or décor.

I just started playing the game again, but since there going to change power blocks there not much sense in starting my build. I lost all my blueprints and stuff computer related, nothing critical as this is a building game after all, and things will change that and I had over 50 power bank modules time you just get finished a rebuild of size, time to redo it all over again :)

All I did was reskin grey blocks in the tools & mod under the block editor, which would be nice having the other various blocks be able to shape adapt or in your instance of being able to run complete stealth mode, part of being immersed in your game play style.

Options is reaching your playstyle do I really want to place down thousands of power blocks or just build a reactor, shields are the same I could place shield emitters and a extension of the shield dome what does it do well you lessen the "poly count" of your ship as the blocks are the number of poly counts in an area. You might have the same size ship but the contents inside that ship are cut by 50% or you simply can run with a thinner ship which is a reduced silhouette, this would greatly improve performance of the game that and turning off the flashing animanation's.

and just turn on the one's you want to flash, I'm sure most would gladly like such improvements, when I had a lesser computer yes these things did improve performance and cut off the extra 100 to 200+ block lengths of your Titan ship, which was a struggle on the older computer I had dropped by 50% when I went near my Titan which had to be kept in it's own sector just for that reason.

Same for thrust a modular build of a thrust engine I could place single entities or a fuel type driven one reducing the number allotted to do that same job plus it now consumes a fuel which has to be stored again you want to just store enough, again has mass attached to it.

That is how balance is achieved as you can only store so much to what you have built, so in your build you have to account for fuel weight and loot and resource storage and generally you get accustomed to what that is if your running a factory, most times I just hand balm my factor stuff I don't have tons of stuff being massed for a guild or other players, so I know in relative what mass is how much I can carry and what is a good handy amount to have in terms of repairs, or how loot will take up in mass, again relative to what built.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Poly count is a struggle for games in terms of lag, in a game like this having a modular construct few thousand vs hundred of thousands makes for a huge difference, I did make reference to this quite while ago of using less blocks for a modular thrust unit, but they opted for wheel of power for fine tuning. Now the game is forced into change as competition of a similar game will simply out do this game and leave this one as an antique version, in-yielding to change it's root of control through numbers. Numbers can play towards you or against you! this also ties into bugs or buggy like symptoms not at the edge of the game parameters from having a ship yard regardless you have a titian of 10 battle ships your having the same effect as well as a home base on top, as to why docking was changed to a lesser poly count over all from the docked entities.

This about trimming off unnecessary FAT from the game even in your gribble art using actual systems involved into the art, there is less of a layer on top of another layer to hide the boredom just below the surface to make the ships appear "spacy" through imagination of design.
    That will come from having the extra block shapes to play with and also the use of a color pallet or wheel changing the color pitch or tones.

This why they went with a multi block instead of having separate blocks you carry around as in poly count much easier to pick from a tree and be able to spin them with the mouse wheel in build mode :) you will carry less blocks on you and less stress in a given area. than you can comparer your old design to your new design, the difference will be a savings in overall server performance and game play somewhere in the 20% to 50% for each ship you currently have, takes less stuff to make what you really want from the game.

And somebody will eventually beat you at your own game development, which is quite natural of coarse. :)