New US sever

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I started a new dedicated server for North America.

Check it out at

198.211.105.157:4242

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very stable, smooth and the host (Doomsider) is around frequently. Give it a try if you\'re looking for a server to replace the official US server!

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I spent some time with cron and scripting today to make sure the server will automatically restart if it crashes. Give the server a minute or two if it crashes and you should be able to log back in. If the server still does not respond after a few let me know and I will fix it.

Reaction score
    i am most perplexed why the official server does not have this... great job doom

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The official server is a TEST for an ALPHA software. If it locks up we have to check what happened, why it happened, take proper dumps and restart it afterwards. Reasons differ so you cant just automate that.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Installed the new update today and the North American Server is up to date and ready to go. I just want to reiterate my commiment to keeping this server up and keeping a persitent universe going.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    North American server will be down today while I swap to a more powerful server.