• Community Content - Bronze 2
    Running on thread: main
    Adapter: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.6822
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 368.22
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
    GLSL Ver: 4.50 NVIDIA

I've always ran starmade fine with more than enough memory allocated. however as of this most recent update, starmade crashes almost every boot up. crashes occur during the main menu loading up, on the main menu, and in game. crashes occur as soon as I load in, or sometimes randomly during play.

Not sure if this is the right file attached, but as of now, I've tried literally everything. verifying game files, changing memory settings, reinstalling, the problems continue to persist and are making the game unplayable. Any assistance would be amazing.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    please add the Log.txt.0 file with the timestamp from one of those crashes. rename it to .txt to add it to a posting

Reaction score
    • Tester
    weird .. game terminates without an error
    please move the game away from the desktop
    just copy the whole folder to a HDD root and change the install directory to that path in the launcher
    desktop as a place to run it from may cause problems

other than that ... hurray Win 10 again.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    weird .. game terminates without an error
    please move the game away from the desktop
    just copy the whole folder to a HDD root and change the install directory to that path in the launcher
    desktop as a place to run it from may cause problems

other than that ... hurray Win 10 again.
    Well it sounds like a good excuse to move it to my other drive. Thanks for the help! I just wish it had been something else. Makes sense why I couldnt find the problem myself. The game also occasionally causes my computer to blue screen, If i can get a log from one of those, would you be willing to check that out too?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i cant help there ... no idea about bluescreen crashes. those are usually hardware or driver malfunctions related. but if it is a repeatable problem those logs might be usefull for development.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i cant help there ... no idea about bluescreen crashes. those are usually hardware or driver malfunctions related. but if it is a repeatable problem those logs might be usefull for development.
    Alright, thanks!
    Here is the log of the bluescreen crash, in case anyone has any knowledge of this sort of thing.

Attachments