New ship I'm working on - Feedback

Reaction score
    Concept Ship: Karasu
    I've been wanting to build something like for a while. Having wanted to take a stab at vertical ships, I found myself very inspired the Reliant ship from Star Citizen. There is still a lot more work to be done. The interior and wiring have yet to be completed and the exterior needs some detailing.

The ship switches from vertical to horizontal mode. There are also landing gears that will be deployed when the ship changes modes. You can't really tell in this picture... The the ship is seperated into four sections. The cockpit is paired with the third segment, and the second is paired with the tail. You can see the wiring there in the background.
    I'm certain this won't be the most powerful ship in it's weight class. It's more of a concept project at this point. I want to try to incorporate some Japanese motif's into it, so if you know of any examples of that please send them my way. Feedback is always appreciated.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Concept Ship: Karasu
    I've been wanting to build something like for a while. Having wanted to take a stab at vertical ships, I found myself very inspired the Reliant ship from Star Citizen. There is still a lot more work to be done. The interior and wiring have yet to be completed and the exterior needs some detailing.

The ship switches from vertical to horizontal mode. There are also landing gears that will be deployed when the ship changes modes. You can't really tell in this picture... The the ship is seperated into four sections. The cockpit is paired with the third segment, and the second is paired with the tail. You can see the wiring there in the background.
    I'm certain this won't be the most powerful ship in it's weight class. It's more of a concept project at this point. I want to try to incorporate some Japanese motif's into it, so if you know of any examples of that please send them my way. Feedback is always appreciated.

I like it! Reminds me of my one of my ships in my fleet submission.

Also check out Gmodism for some Jap motifs.

Reaction score
    I like it! Reminds me of my one of my ships in my fleet submission.

Also check out Gmodism for some Jap motifs.
    Oh hi! Japanese is my subject so naturally there are some stereotypical patterns used, or you can go for gundam-ish design, I made a samurai armour inspired fighter once, the GI_Wakizashi Fighter 脇差

System-wise you should probably go for hull instead of armour, that ship might be to slow to fly with so better to have some lightness in that