New Launcher & Invisibug fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

it seems like the invisibug is finally fixed (hopefully).

I had to put all my focus in that from the last days.

The update also contains several server bug fixes, and an optimization for clients to reduce lag. There are still some misterious lag spikes on servers which I still have to investigate.

New Launcher

Please re-download the Launcher from the website from the same link you downloaded the previous one. A launcher update won't happen often, so you will only need to do that once.

The feature of the new launcher is the support for mirrors.

If you want to host a mirror yourself, these are the requirements.

Minimum:
    type of mirror: webspace
    disk space: 200 MB
    bandwidth: 10 Mbit/s
    traffic: self-imposed limit
    webspace must be accessible via ftp for automatic upload of new versions and via http for downloads
    login: user account for subdirectory

Recommended:
    disk space: 200 MB
    traffic: high limit (750 GB+), unmetered
    bandwidth: 100 Mbit/s or more
    server must be accessible via (s)ftp or scp or rsync for automatic upload of new versions and via http for downloads
    login: seperate user account for subdirectory (no access to other files on your server possible)

What do we need from you:
    Nickname on Star-Made.org (ex.: schema)
    Type of mirror (ex.: VPS)
    Bandwidth (ex.: 50 mbit/s)
    Traffic limit (ex.: 1 TB)
    The IP or hostname of the server (ex.: files.star-made.org)
    Login details to the mirror (ex.: user: mirror01, password: SM-m!rR01)
    filepath to the mirror folder where the files should be located (ex.: /htdocs/build/)
    URL where users can download the files (ex.: http://files.star-made.org/build/)

If you want to help us and mirror the StarMade updates please contact mirrors(at)star-made.org with the above information.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Exception: Mirror: http://dl001.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_(numbers... too lazy to note.) is isnvalid. Please retry to try another one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This \"fix\" made my ship disappear from the game completely, and for some reason the blueprint got overwriten by another ship.

Reaction score
    The windows launcher is not working it gives me the old one with an error I would appreciate it if you got it fixed plese thank you

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I, too, receive the old launcher from the Windows download link. Please fix it soon!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have redownloaded the \"new\" launcher several times now and am still getting the same \"launcher outdated\" message

Reaction score
    I went to the build like it says, to wiped my starmade out and reinstalled, the launcher is messed up, but the manual way still works, so try that k.

See you....out there.......eventually......

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think the new launcher is broken or the download is for windows please fix this i have yet to play the game and i really really want to :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I, as well have encountered the same problem of Windows New Launcher seemly unavailable? Whenever I attempt to download the new launcher platform for Windows, I still receive Launcher Version 8.
    I entirely understand the difficulty\'s of programming, but I thought I would go ahead and post this comment to help inform you of this bug(I actually dunno if this qualifies as a bug). I love StarMade so much, and look forward to it evolving to be an even greater game! :D

~Blubs

D

Deleted member 168799

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!! when i try to launch the game it says \"Windows Protected Your PC\" i am on windows 8 and every time i try to launch it says its not a commonly downloaded file and i still save it, it thinks starmade is a virus i try using my virus scanner but it just doesn\'t work so i can\'t play star made until you fix this, i have been trying to run from the new launcher

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry about that. I probably need to get this verified by windows 8. I have to look up how that works

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I try to download the v9 windows launcher, when the download is about 48% complete or somewhere around that, I get a Critical Error message. The message is:

CheckSumFailedException: The downloaded mirror file didn\'t match the checksumgive from star-made.org. The file might be modified!

If I can simply do something to prevent this error please tell me. But if it is the actual launcher, please fix the launcher! I love playing StarMade and I would like to keep playing it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I also got the same thing as ciborg2000. But this time when I tried to download the launcher, when the message that says that the file is not commonly downloaded, click Actions, then more options, and finally click run anyway. It should get rid of the message, and pull up the launcher. Click the Update and Install Latest Version button on the launcher and it should download the game. If this doesnt work for you. Then I dont know what to do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got the same problem as Xephon, but i don\'t think i can do this on my windows 7 computer. Can some fix this problem for good?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    use the alternate link, if you look in status bar alternate says v9 while main does not